Regarding Dental Assistant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zobaer

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can any one tell me, Which states one should look in for/or allows foreign graduates to working as an dental assistant ????
Will highly appreciate your info.

Zobaer.

Members don't see this ad.

hi,
you just have to make your resume and apply to different dental clinics and some one will surely accept you, i am working as a full time dental asst, initially i was working part time.

Deepag,

Is it differrent in each state? or is it possible to be a dental assistant in any state?

-Sarita

Members don't see this ad :)
i think it should be possible in any state, u need to explain to them that u are already a dentist from another country, i did the same thing . they may expect u to attend a one day work interview b4 hiring u, it will help u too coz u will get an idea about the kind of work u would be doing

Hey Deepag thanks for ur reply.I really appreciate it. But is it possible for u to tell me which state are u working in? Becoz i have been trying in MN for last one year, but it doesn't seem to work so far. And in the past i have seen some ppl mentioning as working as dental assistant too in some other states, but did not mention where.
I have one more question for u. When ur working as DA, are u paid by cash or check.

Will appreciate ur response.
Thanks once again.

Zobaer.

Hai Zobaer,
It all depends on your visa status.some doctors give importance to your visa status.If you are on student visa,they might hire you unofficially and pay unoficially.If you are a green card holder then they consider you oficially.It all depends on how well you can convience them.
Best of luck

hi zobaer,
I am working in md, but i dont think it will be a problem in mn, and also like the previous reply said it could be either way abt getting paid, but i get paid by check which goes into my bank, for that u should be legally allowed to work in US, i have a work permit so it is not a problem. but i know ppl who get paid in cash, but u must verify this with your employer.

Hi Guys,

About Dental Assisting jobs in the state I live in,so far I have been trying for 2 weeks to get one,I think I have applied to 5 or 6 and they all tell me the same thing: "My degree is from abroad and I have to have one from here,I tried explaining to them that I am a dentist and know more than what a dental assistant will ever know,But all they want is a degree from here.In some interviews I have had people telling me I am over qualified,but still they wont hire me.Others tell me to atleast sit for a Radiology exam to be hired as a DA.
Has anyone faced the same problems?Is there hope:(

By the way I live in NC