MD Recording my own questions instead of typing in anki

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alaaz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i just had this idea

I take a lot of time typing questions on anki , i thought why i don't record my own questions and screen shot the slide as the answer

That way i think it will take me a lot less time then typing cards

Will that work ? Is there shortcuts to anki to do that on the fky

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So i just had this idea

I take a lot of time typing questions on anki , i thought why i don't record my own questions and screen shot the slide as the answer

Every single post you've made is about Anki. If you don't get how it works, go on YouTube and watch a few intro videos. There's plenty of videos there to help out with this kind of stuff. But, it if it isn't working for you, then just do something else. Anki isn't mandatory to do well.

Reactions: 1 user
You just don't seem to get along with anki, maybe try doing something else. As said above anki is by no means mandatory and for many people will simply not be effective

Members don't see this ad :)
Every single post you've made is about Anki. If you don't get how it works, go on YouTube and watch a few intro videos. There's plenty of videos there to help out with this kind of stuff. But, it if it isn't working for you, then just do something else. Anki isn't mandatory to do well.

well i think that you're smart enough to know that youtube dosen't give you various opinions about a subject which is what i am looking for

So i just had this idea

I totally did this for anki. I would at least type out the question (so that I could search for it later), but I would record my voice for the detailed answer (and maybe just type out a very concise answer or paste a diagram/chart). I think the audio adds a different learning style so that your brain doesn't just default into repetitive flash cards (also, I hate reading and typing). I'd say 20% of the cards I reviewed had my voice on them.

This process of recording myself really helped me learn the material (more-so than even reviewing those cards down the road). Something about talking yourself thru complicated concepts that makes it stick better. Oftentimes I would have to stop the recording mid-way, look at notes, and then re-record because I realised that I didn't know the subject as good as i thought. So bottomline, I'm ALL for talking to yourself, great way to learn.

Reactions: 1 user