Recommendations for books/articles about the osteopathic mission? Specifically what it means today

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

You're My Boy Blue

Second Time's a Charm
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have learned a lot about the history of osteopathic medicine, but would like more in depth knowledge of the modern field. I would like to know more for personal interest, but I'm not going to lie, it would help for interviews (hopefully haha) as well

Members don't see this ad.

It doesn't mean anything today. Just spout the same crap as everyone else during the interview.

Don't spout "crap" at your interview.

If you'd like to learn about the original osteopathic mission and history, you could always obtain a copy of the "Philosophy of Osteopathy" written by A.T. Still. Forgotten books published it a little ways back and it's not too expensive, I love it. Also, another good read is "The DO's: Osteopathic Medicine in America"

Just know that a lot of what's discussed in the original philosophy doesn't apply today. But it never hurts to know more about osteopathic medicine and where it came from other than simply looking it up on Wikipedia. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user