► READ BEFORE YOU POST: Formatting your Thread ◄

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How to format your "Help me decide" thread:
Things in red are what you edit/delete! Then you can select your entire post and change the font color to black.

Title: "School X (IS/OOS) vs. School Y (IS/OOS) (vs. School Z, etc)"
**private schools don't need IS/OOS listed **

-- You can add a poll if you would like to --

name
* IS/OOS?

Pros:
  • look at list
  • " "
Cons:
  • look at list
  • " "
School 2: name
* IS/OOS?

Pros:
  • look at list
  • " "
Cons:
  • look at list
  • " "
Summary: Here you can talk about which school you're leaning towards, or what things are really important to you from your pros/cons list.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things to consider when making a pros/cons list:

- Cost (list costs if you are comfortable doing so, taking into account scholarships, in-state vs out-of-state tuition, and living expenses); also mention if you are applying for/received NHSC/HPSP
- Location/distance from home
- If the school is graded or P/F
- What kind of city/region the school is located in (large/small, urban/rural/metro, etc)
- Weather- makes a huge difference
- If you want to specialize or be a GP
- Anything special the school does/has (like certain externships, or opportunities)

The more information you post, the better input you can get from others, so please be descriptive! Ultimately the decision is up to you, but other members can only help you if they know what sorts of things are important to you.
Best of luck, future dentists! See you in the field someday! :highfive:

* I will try my best to edit the titles of threads so the are easily searchable in the future, but if I make a mistake, please PM me! *

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.