ranking of easiness?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rjh58

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey. I'm a canadian citizen wanting to apply to vet school; however, I don't feel my chances in Canada are that great. So, I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the easiest veterinary schools are to get into in the States? What's an average MCAT and GRE score? Gracias.

Members don't see this ad.

rjh58 said:
Hey. I'm a canadian citizen wanting to apply to vet school; however, I don't feel my chances in Canada are that great. So, I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the easiest veterinary schools are to get into in the States? What's an average MCAT and GRE score? Gracias.

Hey rjh58. I replied last time you posted this topic. Maybe check it out.

Most schools have the average marks for people accepted. Sure, you have do to some digging on websites, but then you get official numbers. But if you're just looking to get some scary numbers, how about GPA of 3.9 and MCAT of 35? :D

Anyway, why do you think your chances in Canada are not great? What school would you be funneled towards? (Just to clarify that, you don't really get to apply to more than one school in Canada because the province that you are a resident in gives funding to one school. Therefore, that is the only school you are eligible for.)

Part of the reason you might not be getting many responses is that, besides the Carribean schools like Ross, it's most likely harder to get in as an international student.

Good luck. Sounds like you might need it.... :eek:

Wherever you are, if you have a school in your home state or province, or one that contracts with your home state or province, that is going to be statistically your best chance to get in.

Another option to consider might be AVMA/CVMA accredited schools abroad. I know that the University of Glasgow accepts about 30 students each year from North America, and you can come back and practice in Canada with no restrictions. I don't know about the other schools, but they would be worth looking into.