Radiology Residency Application Cycle 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cbeieocneix

Reaction score
Hello! I wanted to make this to forum so those who are applying for radiology residencies can keep each other updated.

This is my first time applying and I’m applying straight out of a rotating. I didn’t get invited for an interview at Colorado so 🥲. I think my GPA is really going to hurt me.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm following since I'll be applying for radiology next cycle. Applying for SA rotating this cycle. Love to know where you did your rotating and what you thought. Good luck to all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! I wanted to make this to forum so those who are applying for radiology residencies can keep each other updated.

This is my first time applying and I’m applying straight out of a rotating. I didn’t get invited for an interview at Colorado so 🥲. I think my 3.66 GPA is really going to hurt me.
If it makes you feel better I didn’t get CSU either! Also GPA is just a piece of your application!

Reactions: 1 user
Also following! I applied for an SA rotating internship this cycle with the intention of applying to a radiology residency next cycle! Good luck to everyone! :)

Got an interview with Florida! Also Missou but everyone who asks gets one :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard the amount of application candidates there are at your respective school? I heard about 50 at my school. An interview I had mentioned around 40. I was wondering if these numbers are similar elsewhere?

Has anyone heard the amount of application candidates there are at your respective school? I heard about 50 at my school. An interview I had mentioned around 40. I was wondering if these numbers are similar elsewhere?

Wow, if that's true, those numbers are very low compared to years prior.

I'm a little disappointed that three imaging programs have pulled out of the match, especially Mizzou??

Some programs will match from their own rotating or specialty intern class before the match, and withdraw.

I’m having a hard time with ranking. Based off of interviews, would you prioritize the vibe with the faculty or the residents? One program I loved the faculty. The other program I loved the residents. Who do I choose?

I am a pathologist not a radiologist, but I would recommend prioritizing faculty in this instance because they are the ones in “power” over you on a daily basis. It is important/nice to get along with your residentmates and in a way they’re built-in friends, but often you’ll all be doing different things each week (I.e. some weeks you may be on clinics and they’re on research or study time or, at minimum, even if two of you are on service together you still have your own patients independently of each other such as someone on ultrasound and someone on rads. Being at a program with a faculty member you don’t jive with can be difficult (I’ve seen it, one of my residentmates quit mid-program) and there’s not a lot of recourse if they’re your direct supervisor. Plus, the resident group and dynamic WILL change every year as people come and go and you’re more likely going to have more consistent faculty (though they do obviously leave sometimes too). Plus, so much of job hunting is who you know and who your faculty know to introduce you to. Faculty are going to have more connections than coresidents.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Where is everyone hoping to go for residency? My top couple are UF, Ohio State, and Wisconsin!