Rad Onc Meme Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
some larger places have experimented with abandoning ArcCheck… a minority now AFAIK

Members don't see this ad.

Physicists have sold many of us the line that per-patient IMRT QA must be done, forever... because safety. In reality it's probably because: (physicist) job security. Hope it goes away someday. Many academic institutions have abandoned the per-patient QA process FWIW.

I've heard that it comes down to have an independent third-party verification? Rather the software just spits out what the machine says and is part of the Linacs in house software?

Physicists have sold many of us the line that per-patient IMRT QA must be done, forever... because safety. In reality it's probably because: (physicist) job security. Hope it goes away someday. Many academic institutions have abandoned the per-patient QA process FWIW.

Totally. Have worked at places that do both.

Members don't see this ad :)
It would be incredibly smart for the company to give genesis so many for cheap. This is how it happens.

It will take sometime but now that they have a clinical trial they can POINT to (unlike what we have seen in proton) there will be patients wanting this. Get ready to compete against your local genesis. Then next thing you know your hospital is getting one.

These mri Linac companies are doing it well.
#freezingcoldtakes

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Next time a rising MS4 asks about "The Future of Rad Onc"

1699045987707.png

Reactions: 1 users
Email from ASTRO Career Center I received today:

In today's competitive job market, we understand the challenges companies face, especially when it comes to hiring when budgets are tight. The good news is, your organization doesn't have to compromise on the quality of radiation oncology professionals you seek. We at the ASTRO Radiation Oncology Career Center have a solution tailored just for you.

1700003278350.png

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Us explaining our work in the future:
I'm a Bender, that's all I'm programmed to do. I was a stud, I could make circles to any angle.. 30 degrees, 32 degrees.... you name it... 31.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Reactions: 2 users
Honestly the fact that this is so relatable for some colleagues is just sad :(
One of the first things I did in both residency and job interviews was to find a way to quickly, but organically, say that my spouse was not locked into a rigid professional career and would be moving with me.

I highly recommend this tactic to anyone who can use it.

Reactions: 5 users