Quoted: pharmacy school application and child abuse charges

Doodledog

Escape artist
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This was sent to me by PM and I'll post it, although I am not sure what exactly happened. Legal counsel is best here, but perhaps someone familiar with pharmacy school applications can respond.

I was wondering if you knew anything about policies on the criminal background checks and the child abuse registry. I was placed on it for child maltreatment. It was an incident involving the sons father kicking me, and it was my 21st birthday so we had consumed alcohol earlier that night. I do not know what is written in the report, but I am requesting a copy. I am also going to purchase a crimal background check to see if it shows up. If it does, I plan to contact a lawyer to see I can get it removed as I feel I was not in the wrong. I had went out and then went to bed so I could get up with my son in the morning. My partner woke me up in a complete rage, and I was not drunk at that time. My question is if all those steps fail, are my chances at pharmacy school doomed? Also, if it doesnt show up on a background check, so I report it anyways? Thanks.

and a second PM

I forgot to add that it did not go to court, so there was no charges. I also want to add that there was NO violence towards the kids, just because people always assume they were involved when I talk about this.

Members don't see this ad.