Questions about PTE and CTE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thetimegoeson

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have been a very fortunate person to have gotten off the WL today morning.
I accepted the school's offer immediately and paid the deposit but then happened to have a question regarding CTE and PTE.
Did I just CTE to that school? I am still waiting on several other WLs and was hoping to get off the other WLs.
I went to see AMCAS to see the CYMS tool, but nothing pops up in AMCAS. I do not have a CYMS tool... lol
Can anybody please help me out and clarify my confusions...?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

I accepted the school's offer immediately and paid the deposit but then happened to have a question regarding CTE and PTE.
Did I just CTE to that school? I am still waiting on several other WLs and was hoping to get off the other WLs.
I went to see AMCAS to see the CYMS tool, but nothing pops up in AMCAS. I do not have a CYMS tool... lol
The school most likely needs to report it to AMCAS before you will be able to see CYMS.

Reactions: 1 user
The school most likely needs to report it to AMCAS before you will be able to see CYMS.
Oh so the school probably has not reported it to AMCAS yet? I'm now worried whether it was a mistake by the school lol (I've seen too many horror stories of wrong As being sent out and being rescinded lol..)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

No, paying the deposit is not the same as officially committing. If you have no other acceptances, you can plan to enroll (PTE) at the school and still remain on waitlists. Just be sure of the school’s CTE deadline to make sure you don’t have to commit earlier than you thought.

If you go to your cycle application on AMCAS, there should be a link/button that takes you to the CYMS page. As another poster just said, it likely hasn’t been updated with AMCAS yet. I would give it another day maybe.

Hello,

You're fine! You paid the deposit everyone else pays to hold their seat. $100, correct? If so, that deposit is now non-refundable, but you are not bound.

You are not CTE until YOU select CTE, and you cannot do that until they load the A into the CYMS tool. You probably have a week from today to select PTE and stay on other WLs, so you should probably check once per day, and reach out to the school by the end of the week if you do not see it by then.

You also need to check their CTE deadline, since you do have to select it by then, or you will lose both your seat and your deposit. Congratulations!!

Reactions: 1 users