question about usmleworld

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

p54

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just had a quick question about this usmle world everyone keeps refering too.
I've never heard of it before. I just want to make sure I'm buying the right thing when I subscribe to this usmleworld everyone here is talking about, is this it?

http://www.usmleworld.com/step2QbankMain.asp

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

p54 said:
I just had a quick question about this usmle world everyone keeps refering too.
I've never heard of it before. I just want to make sure I'm buying the right thing when I subscribe to this usmleworld everyone here is talking about, is this it?

http://www.usmleworld.com/step2QbankMain.asp

Thanks.

I believe that is it.

Wook

has anyone here used usmleworld on a mac with system x? they don't even mention the mac platform on their site, and i don't want to buy something i can't use on my own computer.

MDgonnabe said:
has anyone here used usmleworld on a mac with system x? they don't even mention the mac platform on their site, and i don't want to buy something i can't use on my own computer.

Try contacting them about this. I had a question/problem about the pop up windows, and they worked with me to get a resolution.

Wook

Members don't see this ad :)
MDgonnabe said:

I know when I subscribed to it a couple of months ago, it was not compatible with mac. You may want to contact them to ask about it, though.

For those with access to PCs, I thought usmleworld was great. It is very hard - much harder than the actual exam. All I did was use that and first aid, and I got 44 points higher than I did on step 1 (when I used kaplan q bank). The explanations to the questions are very good.

I'm currently doing USMLEworld in prep for my step II next week. I've been getting btwn 50-70% of the questions right...do you think I'll pass (I did alright on step 1, above average but not awesome)? I'm just starting to get nervous and I'd like to feel reassured that 50-70% will get me a passing score...or I'd like to know that I better postpone my exam and study more before taking it.
also, if anyone would like a discounted copy of USMLEworld on cd, e-mail me and I can tell you how to get it.

labruy69 said:
I'm currently doing USMLEworld in prep for my step II next week. I've been getting btwn 50-70% of the questions right...do you think I'll pass (I did alright on step 1, above average but not awesome)? I'm just starting to get nervous and I'd like to feel reassured that 50-70% will get me a passing score...or I'd like to know that I better postpone my exam and study more before taking it.
also, if anyone would like a discounted copy of USMLEworld on cd, e-mail me and I can tell you how to get it.

i had a first time average (46 question, unused, timed blocks) at 65% and got a 234/95.

labruy69 said:
how much for the usmleworld cd? how much was it original price?