Question about MS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kappapiomega

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
In your experiences, out of the three drugs I have been offered for my new diagnosis of MS, which one works the best?

Copaxone
Avonex
Betaseron

I was just wondering if you have seen any of these in actual patients and what they recommended.

I am leaning toward the copaxone because of the low side effects, but I really want the most aggressive one.
Any info would be great!
Vanessa

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
In general, none of the aforementioned meds has been shown to be more effective than the others. However, each does have certain advantages and disadvantages. Your neurologist should discuss these issues with you so that you make an informed decision.

Yeah, the effectiveness of those drugs is related directly to the form of MS you have. Primary progressive (one example, I believe) is impervious to those drugs...so advantages or disadvantages may not even be able to be considered. It all depends.
On a side note, the diagnosis of the specific form of MS is in many instances very difficult. Often a relapsing-remitting form is seen in females and I've read good things about betaseron. I've heard of the other two...but I think the betaseron is the most widely used.