Question about G.P.A and MCAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
C

cvpmvp33

hello all,
Roughyl what g.p.a is needed to enter podiatry school? Is it as hard to get into as medicin school or dental school? What is the average MCAT school needed?

- What do you guys know about Rosalind Franklin School of Podiatric Medicine in Illinois and what stats they require???

Members don't see this ad.

you need about a 3.0 GPA and an MCAT of at least 20 to be considered a good candidate....

Rosalind Franklin: typical requirements, except- bio (12 credits) whereas other schools only require 8 credits

cvpmvp33 said:
hello all,
Roughyl what g.p.a is needed to enter podiatry school? Is it as hard to get into as medicin school or dental school? What is the average MCAT school needed?

- What do you guys know about Rosalind Franklin School of Podiatric Medicine in Illinois and what stats they require???

A 2.9 gpa is a bit low but I still think you could get in somewhere with that. Just apply early. Some schools even accept the DAT so you might get in somewhere with your 20. Im not sure what number schools look for that accept the DAT. If I could give you any advice it would be to make sure podiatry is what you would like to do before applying. I was also interested in dentistry at one point so I know that its easy to go back and forth between professions. Go shadow some podiatrists and see if its something you would enjoy and then apply early, thats the key. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
At Illinois, the average MCAT was 22 and GPA was 3.2-3.3. It was mentioned a few months ago and it might be still on their website.
With a 3.0 and 20, you will get in somewhere but it may or may not be your top choice.

Hey,

I am a current student at Midwestern University-Glendale (the home of AZPOD). Consequently, I hear faculty talk about various programs. I have personally heard from people who know, that the average GPA for admissions into AZPOD this year was slightly above a 3.5 cumulative GPA and the many accepted individuals who scored a 30 or higher on the MCAT have brought that average MCAT score up to about 27.

I hope this helps.... I think our school, at least, among podiatry schools is competitive with most DO programs and several MD programs as far as admissions criteria is concerned.

Good luck with your decision!