Question about AMCAS forms-

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tas

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When we re-apply for the coming cycle, do they copy over the information from the last time?(like the transcript?) or do we have to reenter EVERYTHING that we put in last time?

I have over 200 college hours and it took FOREVER to put it all in...

Just curious so I know what to plan for when they open 2005 up...

Members don't see this ad.

You have to start from scratch... :(

UGHHHH well, I once wondered how they could make this process MORE tedious and time consuming... now I see... I wonder who sits around and figures out ways to make this process more difficult.

Members don't see this ad :)
It depends when you applied last. I started the application process the first year it went all online (2002), so nothing was saved. If you applied during one of the last cycle, my understanding is that is should still carry over. However, regardless of that, the new AMCAS for 2005 matriculation should be up the beginning of May. Good luck!

Guess I was wrong.. I applied in 2002 and then again this year and had to do it all over. Good to see that they at least got that right.

Originally posted by Maxip
Guess I was wrong.. I applied in 2002 and then again this year and had to do it all over. Good to see that they at least got that right.

Uh they had this is place for you. Unless you were drunk and didn't realize that all your stuff was still there...

Originally posted by XCanadianRagwee
Uh they had this is place for you. Unless you were drunk and didn't realize that all your stuff was still there...

Yes... I was drunk when I filled out my AMCAS application.

Originally posted by Maxip
Yes... I was drunk when I filled out my AMCAS application.

hell yeahs...

Originally posted by Reckoning
If you applied last year all of this years AMCAS will be "prepopulated" with last years entries (if all works correctly). Don't sweat it...

http://www.aamc.org/students/amcas/faq/reapplicants.htm

Woooo Hoooo :D

Oh my - Getting drunk while filling it out? THAT might lead to some slight typos!