Question about a patient

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Paul_B

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey people recently I did a physical for a 17 year old student, and he showed me his underside of his penis. He has not been circumsized, and he had this line, starting a little past 1/2 way of the penis, all the way to the tip of the penis, and there it split in two. Is this just a cosmetic imperfection? What do you people think?

Members don't see this ad.

i dont know about the splitting in two part, but it may be an abnormal frenulum. if these are abnormally distally inserted they can cause bleeding during intercourse etc. a frenulectomy may be performed to deal with this situation. try looking it up in a uro journal or in a urologic text. :idea:

Members don't see this ad :)
look up hypospadias - i know they leave the foreskin around for the repair operation, and often it presents on the distal penis and makes half of head of the penis look split in two

Does the line extend from the ventral glans down the shaft or just the head of the penis? Down the shaft sounds like an abnormal frenulum. If it only involves the head, it sounds more like a hypospadias. Since he is now 17, key question to ask is where does the stream go when he pees? Can he write his name is the snow? They usually end up peeing on their feet. May need a circ if there is redundant foreskin, but since he is 17 and assuming no urologic issues in the past, this likely will remain a cosmetic issue.