This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maybeapedsdoc22

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
With my DAT 2 weeks away, I’m still scoring 16-17 on QR. I have no idea why — I go over all my questions and am doing the destroyer but I still can’t seem to get more than 25/40 correct. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

With my DAT 2 weeks away, I’m still scoring 16-17 on QR. I have no idea why — I go over all my questions and am doing the destroyer but I still can’t seem to get more than 25/40 correct. Any suggestions?
Figure out why you’re getting questions wrong. Go through, look at the solution for one question, then try to apply the same process to a similar q without looking at the answer.

Have you looked at strategies for the types of questions they ask?
I found Chad's videos very helpful.

Members don't see this ad :)
This happened to me last year, but thankfully on the actual test I scored a 19. I felt that bootcamp and destroyer were slightly more difficult than the actual exam. Categorize the questions you are getting wrong and learn how to do those types of questions. For me it was probability and statistics cause I never took a class in that, so I just practiced the different types, and went through the process of how to solve each of the types. Also, make sure you study the math formulas. Knowing them could save you time to work on problems you think are more difficult. I think there's a list in destroyer or on bootcamp or chad's videos. It's out there somewhere!

Good luck, I'm sure you'll do great!

If anything, I got a 16 on my DAT QR and have heard from others that if you're going to bomb any section QR is the one to bomb lol.

Just make sure that you're doing really well on other sections! I had to make up for years of awful math training within two months of my DAT studying, so going up from 14s at the beginning of my studying to a 16 was an achievement, although small, for me.