QGenda questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

circleK

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Scheduling software was discussed in a recent thread which led me to realize this is prob the best place to actually elicit honest opinions instead of just what the admin and reps are telling us. After using EZCall for the past 12yrs our new admin is likely forcing a switch to QGenda next year. I’ve never used that program and we have yet to be able to even demo it. It’s gonna be a huge task transferring all the data and tweaks I’ve done over the past decade plus to make it as near perfect for our group as it is. For those who use it (or even better for those who have used both), what is your opinion of QGenda, how pliable is it, any major limitations you’ve encountered? We’re a mid sized group with a daily numbered peel off system and a lot of call associations. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Agree with above. Having endured multiple scheduling software programs, QGenda is just a cut above the rest.

Yeah we have ez call right now. Never used qgenda. Have issues with EZCall because it doesn’t space out call assignments. For example one person will have call three weeks in a row and nothing the next month. Also , will put people call and another assignment post call. It is easy to switch on EZCall tho

We helped Qgenda with product development many years ago. We have an absolutely crazy schedule with all sorts of quirks. 180 anesthetists, 80 docs, another dozen or so NPs, and all three groups have totally different scheduling criteria. We have three hospitals with 24/7/365 coverage, four pain clinics, 15 or so ASCs. They bought out a competitor named Open Tempo several years ago, and have incorporated the best of that very good product into their own. Consider the changes in computing power over the last 15 years and Qgenda has taken full advantage of it. The doc shifts each have a value - days, nights, weekends, holidays, etc. Qgenda evens out the shifts as well as the total shift values over the course of the year so each partner has roughly the same value to their work through the year. Anesthetists that take call each get roughly the same number and types of call shifts as everyone else that takes call. You can "stack shifts" easily - day shift, plus cardiac, plus cardiac call for example. It can "look ahead" and take vacation time into consideration as it plots out the schedule. It was pretty cool when we first used it - now it's damn impressive.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m not involved with scheduling so this might be something fixable with a little tweaking, but a complaint I’ve heard from people who do a mix (half time OR, half something else eg ICU, pain etc), their OR assignments are very loaded with bad rooms because everyone has the same quota of those undesirable shifts and so with fewer total OR shifts, GI/burns/IR make up a bigger proportion of their OR time.

Qgenda is as poweful as you want it to be. They have good support as well to help you customize and build it for your team and hospitals.

100 physicians, 400+ CRNAs in our group covering 10+ hospitals with multiple subspecialties.

Used QGENDA in residency and we use it now at my current job. Its a good, not great system.
Qgenda is as poweful as you want it to be. They have good support as well to help you customize and build it for your team and hospitals.

100 physicians, 400+ CRNAs in our group covering 10+ hospitals with multiple subspecialties.
absolutely. It’s good, not great. You get out what you put into it if you have some tech savvy people in your group set it up and optimize it.