Pulmonary and Critical Care Fellowship 2024-2025 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

criticalenthusiast

Reaction score
Pulmonary and Critical Care Fellowship 2024-2025 Cycle

Members don't see this ad.

I will be applying this year. I had applied to Cardiology before, and had been interested in PCCM for a long time, but not been exposed to much pulmonology so did not apply. Doing a PGY-4 Chief Resident year this year too.

Members don't see this ad :)
as in the cardiology threads, play up your interest in pulmonary hypertension and the whole heart lung connection. any scholarly activity you can do about pulmonary hypertension could help bridge the gap between cardiology and PCCM when you are writing your personal statements.

You'll have a much better time in pulmonary i'd bet.

unless you're into advanced cardiology stuff like interventional, LVADs, transplant, arrhythmia/EP stuff...

let's just say it is easier for the "pulm crit doctor to pretend to be the general cardiologist than it is for the general cardiologist to pretend to be the pulm crit doctor"

Reactions: 1 user
as in the cardiology threads, play up your interest in pulmonary hypertension and the whole heart lung connection. any scholarly activity you can do about pulmonary hypertension could help bridge the gap between cardiology and PCCM when you are writing your personal statements.

You'll have a much better time in pulmonary i'd bet.

unless you're into advanced cardiology stuff like interventional, LVADs, transplant, arrhythmia/EP stuff...

let's just say it is easier for the "pulm crit doctor to pretend to be the general cardiologist than it is for the general cardiologist to pretend to be the pulm crit doctor"
I was never interested in interventional stuff. I submitted several research items to CHEST, but again they were cardiology-oriented. Pulm HTN was something that I will look into!