PTCB Review Books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Randomwerks

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice on which study books to use for PTCB preparation? I have no experience working in a pharmacy so I need something that covers EVERYTHING.

Members don't see this ad.

I am in the same boat, anyone have any ideas?

I was looking at this book on Amazon:

ISBN: 0131147390

Is this book any good or can you recommend something else?

Well, I guess this part of the forum doesn't get any visitors to it. But I was at Borders earlier and took a look at these two books:

ISBN: 1404841317 and 0766814327

They both look like good books. But, I think that the Tech test has now switched to a computerized test of 100 questions and 2 hours in length instead of the 140 questions and 3 hours in length that these books specify. But, I am sure either of these books would be a good review book. But, I think I will buy one of them and use the other as a supliment if I need it I will go to Borders and use it there.

Thoughts?

Delmar seems to be a popular one. The other book I couldnt track with the ISBN. I ended up buying http://www.amazon.com/Certification...=pd_bbs_2/104-3146508-6024717?ie=UTF8&s=books because it was endorsed by NPTA, though I feel like I'll need to buy more books to review because this one is really quite thin.

I heard about the change. The PCATS are now computerized too if you were planning to take them in June. I think this round of tests is the first to be changed so the new books havent come out yet. Let me know how delmar is once you start using it and Ill keep in touch with the one I purchased. Best of lluck.

Members don't see this ad :)
I used the Comprehensive Exam Review for the Pharmacy Technician book (ISBN: 1404841317 ). It is a great book for PTCB. It covered everything you need to know for Pharm Tech exam. I brought it at half.com and I passed the exam. It has 1200 practice questions and additional 600 multiple choice questions on the CD. It is a great book and the only one that I used for PTCB. Good luck.

I used the Comprehensive Exam Review for the Pharmacy Technician book (ISBN: 1404841317 ). It is a great book for PTCB. It covered everything you need to know for Pharm Tech exam. I brought it at half.com and I passed the exam. It has 1200 practice questions and additional 600 multiple choice questions on the CD. It is a great book and the only one that I used for PTCB. Good luck.

hey all..i was reading about the PTCB exam and discovered that u have to apply to take the exam? What are the pre-req's to be accepted to take the exam?

thanks

The only thing I saw was that you had to be a high school graduate or have your GED and you couldnt have been convicted of a felony. I think the test costs something around $130 to take as well. Check out the PTCB website for more info. https://www.ptcb.org

Goodluck!

Along the same lines from the other CLOSED thread in prepharm. There are no prereqs, it does request background information. I've taken three of the 6 pharm tech courses at my CC and plan on using the text books for review. They came with CDs that quiz on pharmacy calcs and pharmacy duties, but I think my pharmacology book which had drug information was an older edition that didn't have a CD so I'll have to break out my old notes for that one. I'm taking the PTCE Feb 10.
Since it's computerized now you schedule in a range of dates Feb4-Mar 9 is the current span. You can reschedule within the time span as long as you give notice. I think 48hrs, but I'd have check to be sure.