PTCB Prep Books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gas0line Ali

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I plan on taking the pharmacy tech certification exam November, and I was wondering if anyone (particularly those who have already passed the exam) could recommend a good prep book for the exam.

I have no experience as a pharm tech since, but I just started a pharmacy tech course, but I want to do really well this November since it will be my first time taking the exam.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I just took the exam in July, and I passed - don't know my score yet, because I haven't received the score report, but the website says I passed.

I studied with this book - "
Certification Review for PharmacyTechnicians, Seventh Edition". The practice exams in the back were especially helpful - although there were some questions there that were not covered in the book, the answers were either common sense or available on google.

I would suggest doing all the practice exams, and going through and finding out why you missed every question you missed, and why the correct answer is the correct answer. Many questions on the actual exam were extremely similar

Hope that helps :)

moi said:
I just took the exam in July, and I passed - don't know my score yet, because I haven't received the score report, but the website says I passed.

I studied with this book - "
Certification Review for PharmacyTechnicians, Seventh Edition". The practice exams in the back were especially helpful - although there were some questions there that were not covered in the book, the answers were either common sense or available on google.

I would suggest doing all the practice exams, and going through and finding out why you missed every question you missed, and why the correct answer is the correct answer. Many questions on the actual exam were extremely similar

Hope that helps :)

good info - thank you

I know this may not be any good advice for you but I took the practice tests, failed all of them, and still managed to pass the ptcb exam. "Comprehensive exam review for the Pharmacy Technician" by Jahangir Moini. very good book, especially how to calculate dosages.

Members don't see this ad :)
Gas0line Ali said:
Hi,

I plan on taking the pharmacy tech certification exam November, and I was wondering if anyone (particularly those who have already passed the exam) could recommend a good prep book for the exam.

I have no experience as a pharm tech since, but I just started a pharmacy tech course, but I want to do really well this November since it will be my first time taking the exam.

Thanks!

go to yahoo groups, type in jeanettasptcbstudygroup. shes been teaching teching for over ten years and she knows pharmacy. she has every thing you need to know in her tutorials. check it out, you dont have anything to lose

go to yahoo groups, type in jeanettasptcbstudygroup. shes been teaching teching for over ten years and she knows pharmacy. she has every thing you need to know in her tutorials. check it out, you dont have anything to lose

I used Delmar Learning's Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam Review 2nd edition (ISBN 0766814327) by Patricia K. Anthony and Comprehensive Exam Review for the Pharmacy Technician (ISBN 1401841317) by Jahangir Moini to study for the exam. I got them from eBay for the CHEAPEST price! These two books were recommedated by the jeanettasptcbstudygroup members, and they are extremly good. I merely studied the practice exams provided on the back of the books and passed the exam with an easy 750 without too much pharmacy experience. These two books were great and I highly recommend to study PTCE with them. They provided questions similar (and some exactly the same) to the actual PTCB exam.