ps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blueey

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
COULD SOMEBODY PLEASE SUGGEST A COUPLE OF OR ONE BEST PROFESSIONAL PEOPLE, WHO I COULD DO A GOOD JOB WITH MY PS.

I COULD SPEND ~ 100 US $( MAX 200 $) THATS ALL. BUT I HAVE NO TIME 'COS AM DOING MY STEP II IN JUST 3 WKS.

AND TO BE HONEST I SIMPLY DON'T KNOW WHICH END TO START ( IF ANYBODY ASK ME WHY MBBS, MY HONEST ANSWER WOULD BE I JUST MANAGED GET VERY GOOD SCORE IN HIGH SCHOOL, SO WENT TO MEDSCHOOL..HOW BORING WOULD THAT BE....I AM SURE THE PDS WILL ONLY HAVE A GOOD LAUGH AT IT, ANYWAY
ANYBODY COULD SUGGEST WITHIN MY BUDGET PLEASE DO SO, I WILL REALLY APPRECITE YOUR HELP...

COPY : INTERNATIONAL FORUM

Members don't see this ad.

ARE YOU KIDDING??? I hope so!!!

It would be totatlly, completely unethical to have someone "professionally" write your personal statement - did you forget the "personal" part? It's supposed to be YOURS and you will put it on your applicaiton as if YOU did it, so you CANNOT pay someone else to do it for you! This is absolute CHEATING, no matter how you downplay it, it is CHEATING!

As for the excuse of having no time - that's just unacceptable. You've known long before this month that you had to do a personal statement and that you had to take step II, so you could have managed your time better and written the statement months ago. In fact, I wrote mine in May for just that reason of knowing I'd be busier around this time of year with applicaitons and step II and important clinical rotations I want to do well in.

Grow up, get some time-management skills, and get some PROFESSIONAL ETHICS before you bother applying to residency.

I have to agree with fourthyear... what you're alluding to is somewhat unethical. I suggest you yourself come up with at least a rough outline for a PS, and then maybe you can get someone to look at it and offer suggestions (i.e. not write it for you from scratch).

EssayEdge (top of your screen) is one place to consider. Another is Medfools.com's Ken Lin... he was a great help to me while I was getting my PS ready. Good luck.

Cuts..

Thanks for your comments..I don't really know why the other person has to be this abrupt and blunt with me..

Never mind, Yes I have a problem here, I will be fine anyway..I know I will get through this.

Cuts, have you chosen your programs yet ? I thought they recommend applying for 15 altogether, and interview at 10 Is that right ??

Originally posted by blueey
Cuts, have you chosen your programs yet ? I thought they recommend applying for 15 altogether, and interview at 10 Is that right ??

How many programs one should apply to is directly proportional to how competitive the field he's applying to is, and indirectly proportional to how competitive a candidate he is.

For example, I'm a Caribbean-IMG... competitive among IMGs I suppose, but still less competitive than my U.S. grad counterparts, and I applied to Rads (transmitted on Opening Day), a very competitive field nowadays, yet the only field that I want. Hence, I applied to 140 programs.

So you have to assess...
1) How competitive you are
2) How competitive the field you're applying to is
3) How bad you want that particular field/how flexible you are

I'm somewhat inclined to come up with a neat little formula for all this ;) lol...

What is yr formula...I couldn't work out any from above... :confused:

I am not that competitive in terms of what I want, its IM, happy with east cost, but in the long run wanna be an endocrinologist..
I am not a GC holder, J1 visa I am after.

How competitive is this ?? even I dunno..:oops:

so you think i was too blunt? I guess it's to much to expect that my future-colleauges and coworkers be HONEST people who don't pass off official documents as thier own work when in fact they've paid someone to write it for them??? Maybe I'm over-reacting to this, but doesn't anyone else see a problem with this?

fourth yr,

I am not saying this is not wrong OK....but, I have seen people cheating in real exams in various ways, I have never done it, will never ever do it. Trust me..

PS, yes considering my current state ( you have no idea what I am going through now) I was able to justify to myself. Yes, I take yr point, thats fine.

Good luck with all yr progress. Please do not reply to my future postings..

Originally posted by blueey
What is yr formula...I couldn't work out any from above... :confused:

I am not that competitive in terms of what I want, its IM, happy with east cost, but in the long run wanna be an endocrinologist..
I am not a GC holder, J1 visa I am after.

How competitive is this ?? even I dunno..:oops:

The formula thing was a joke (kind of :))

Well, I'd surmise that IM on the East Coast shouldn't be too tough... assuming you passed your boards on the first try (even better if you did well), I'd estimate that you'd be o.k. applying to about 20-30 programs, and interviewing at 10-15.

i agree with fourthyear. it's COMPLETELY unethical and lacking in professionalism. there is nothing so bad or hard in life that dishonesty becomes the acceptable alternative to what is right. 'nuff said. suck it up like everyone else does when things get tough.