Program Info

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Global Disrobal

Along for the ride
Moderator Emeritus
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Scutworks has been pretty dead in terms of OB-Program overviews. You guys want to thropw programs in here and a couple of sentences about each?

Members don't see this ad.

does anyone know of any residencies with a reputation for friendliness? i know at my school there is no place more miserable and backbiting than the ob/gyn floors. i've heard this is the same at the med schools my friends go to. so where are the alternatives? assume that prestige of the institution doesn't matter but a solid education does. oh, and male friendly too.

Members don't see this ad :)
What are of the country are you interested in? My interaction with the OB prog's has been so far pretty cool but I have heard that there are some bad seeds in the mix. Namely a former grad told me that The York Prog in Pennsylvania is pretty malignant.

i'm on the west and i'd like to stay here. my friends that also complain about ob are in the midwest.

Augmel,

What programs are you looking at? Most of the programs in the west have friendly training. I have talked with various program directors and found that it is good to be a male applying for OB/GYN now. I attend ACOG in New Orleans and one of the goals of ACOG was to get more male students interested in OB/GYN. I was told that 75% of women that go into OB/GYN after three years removed from residency either stop practicing completely or go to half time.

Hey AZDOC,

Any mention of job opportunities for males? Also gang, must be the one to ask but how is income lookin' for OB/GYNs now a days?

hey guys,

does this mean I have to count myself out because I am a female? :( j/k

as i have been researching programs, going on their website etc, it seems most programs are all predominantly female! amazing! but I don't think you guys have to worry...

augmel, what school do you go to? I agree, most programs have residents that seem generally unhappy and that is probably the cause of the snippiness...or it could be all the estrogen in one room!