Program Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

Battlesign

I have already applied to OMFS. I only applied to around 15 programs. What is a good number to apply to? I have good stats, done several externships, and all that other stuff that everyone else has done. I'm appling for dual degree programs. Any adivice from the residence would be great.
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Battlesign said:
I have already applied to OMFS. I only applied to around 15 programs. What is a good number to apply to? I have good stats, done several externships, and all that other stuff that everyone else has done. I'm appling for dual degree programs. Any adivice from the residence would be great.
Thanks.

There is a myth that I heard from some residents as I was going through the application process. They said that as long as you go to 8 interviews, statistically, you will get into one of the program. I know this is probably garbage, but take it for what it's worth.

I applied to 24 programs, recieved 10 invites (technically 11..........long story), went to 7, and ranked 6. Most of the people from my school also did 20+ programs and 75% of them got into a program. A lot of people I met on the interview circuit mentioned that they applied to around 15 or so programs. I applied to more programs cuz wanted to stay on the safe side.....it's a good thing I did since 4 programs that I was sure to recieve interviews from dropped me faster than bad ****. :eek:

Doggie said:
There is a myth that I heard from some residents as I was going through the application process. They said that as long as you go to 8 interviews, statistically, you will get into one of the program. I know this is probably garbage, but take it for what it's worth.

I applied to 24 programs, recieved 10 invites (technically 11..........long story), went to 7, and ranked 6. Most of the people from my school also did 20+ programs and 75% of them got into a program. A lot of people I met on the interview circuit mentioned that they applied to around 15 or so programs. I applied to more programs cuz wanted to stay on the safe side.....it's a good thing I did since 4 programs that I was sure to recieve interviews from dropped me faster than bad ****. :eek:

dog crap, only thing that helped you was your nbde part 1 scores!! you kicked my ass fair and square!

Members don't see this ad :)
Doggie said:
.....it's a good thing I did since 4 programs that I was sure to recieve interviews from dropped me faster than bad ****. :eek:
I heard there was a program in Dallas that was going to drop you, but you got sent an interview letter by mistake.

Yah-E said:
dog crap, only thing that helped you was your nbde part 1 scores!! you kicked my ass fair and square!

Chill yah-e! Remove that stick from you rectal sphincter so you can feel more comfortable. :cool:

toofache32 said:
I heard there was a program in Dallas that was going to drop you, but you got sent an interview letter by mistake.

Yeah.....good thing i didnt rank baylor that high either. :rolleyes: