Previous Applicants - Dismissed Charges on Certiphi?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

braces or nah

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wanted to reach out to the previous applicants (specifically with arrests on their record) in order to figure out what I should disclose on my application.

So about a year ago, I was arrested for possession of marijuana, I got put into a conditional discharge program and my charges were dismissed after completion of the program. Now on my record the only thing left is my arrest (lawyer confirmed), but I was wondering if my arrest or even this conditional discharge will still show up on the Certiphi background check, so I know if I should disclose it on the question asking about convictions (No, I was not convicted, but I would answer yes and explain my situation to show transparency).

If anyone has any experience with what exactly comes up on the Certiphi background check, and if I should disclose this on my application or not worry about it could you please let me know either through PM or on here!

*The dental schools I'm currently applying to do not have secondaries asking for this information, so it's either on the AADSAS app or no where at all.*

Thank you so much in advance :D

Members don't see this ad.

You can request a personal Certiphi check to see what comes up on it before doing the mandatory check for the school. You would have to pay for the check twice but it's good to know exactly what is on your record.

The best option is to be honest and apply to schools in states that have a liberal attitude towards marijuana.

Members don't see this ad :)
not really sure if its a good idea for you to become a dentist since you abused marijuana in the past

Arrests do come up on Certiphi. I know because the 2 arrsts I had from 20 years ago were there, even though charges were dismissed.

not really sure if its a good idea for you to become a dentist since you abused marijuana in the past

Probably the stupidest reply I've seen on here. Did you know that people make mistakes? Also, did you know marijuana is used by many in the country and legal in some states?

And it sounds like you equate possession with abuse. You have some learning to do...

Reactions: 2 users
Probably the stupidest reply I've seen on here. Did you know that people make mistakes? Also, did you know marijuana is used by many in the country and legal in some states?

And it sounds like you equate possession with abuse. You have some learning to do...
I have learning to do?
How about you learn how not to name call? You can get your point across better without saying, poopie head.

Reactions: 1 users
You have no right to judge someone, especially as a dentist. Do you constantly judge your patients that show up with caries? They would never come back to you.

Don't apologize for smoking pot. Don't declare it just forget it happened. Most schools only ask for convictions. Don't apply to western or Loma Linda they ask for literally everything including middle school lunch detention

Reactions: 1 user