Preventive Medicine 2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tofoo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Mods please feel free to delete this post if inappropriate for General Residency Issues.

——-

Hi, good folks of SDN!

For those of you in the know, our practice is now the largest in our metropolitan area, and we are struggling to keep up with the volume. We’re currently in the process to hire and train the next clinician. At this point, 90% of my hours are for administrative duties with 10% for night/weekend calls and difficult cases.

At the encouragement of several folks, including a current OM resident here on the forum, I am now applying to my local Preventive Medicine residency to further my mission in healthcare.

Since PM, OM, and AM do not have its dedicated forum, I wanted to start this thread for this year’s applicants to have a place to come together for encouragement and commiseration.

Please let me know if you’d like to be included in the roster of people applying for these programs. I was thinking the following format: Name-Med school class year-Internship/residency-Location.

Tofoo - 2009 - Gen Surg Internship - California.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Interested in learning more about Preventive Medicine and being included in such a forum

Interested in learning more about Preventive Medicine and being included in such a forum
Preventive medicine and occupational medicine residencies are both ACGME accredited training programs. It's available to physicians who have finished an internship. PGY-2 year would be MPH program, and PGY-3 is clinical rotations. The field allows for a wide variety of specialization for physicians who are following the less travelled path. A lot of public health applications (CDC, military medicine, public health departments). Please ask any questions you might have.

Preventive medicine and occupational medicine residencies are both ACGME accredited training programs. It's available to physicians who have finished an internship. PGY-2 year would be MPH program, and PGY-3 is clinical rotations. The field allows for a wide variety of specialization for physicians who are following the less travelled path. A lot of public health applications (CDC, military medicine, public health departments). Please ask any questions you might have.
I will private message you.

Mods please feel free to delete this post if inappropriate for General Residency Issues.

——-

Hi, good folks of SDN!

For those of you in the know, our practice is now the largest in our metropolitan area, and we are struggling to keep up with the volume. We’re currently in the process to hire and train the next clinician. At this point, 90% of my hours are for administrative duties with 10% for night/weekend calls and difficult cases.

At the encouragement of several folks, including a current OM resident here on the forum, I am now applying to my local Preventive Medicine residency to further my mission in healthcare.

Since PM, OM, and AM do not have its dedicated forum, I wanted to start this thread for this year’s applicants to have a place to come together for encouragement and commiseration.

Please let me know if you’d like to be included in the roster of people applying for these programs. I was thinking the following format: Name-Med school class year-Internship/residency-Location.

Tofoo - 2009 - Gen Surg Internship - California.

Maybe you wouldn't have an issue with the volume if you weren't 90% admin!

you aren't even a doctor anymore at that point.