Pre-req question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ucrs

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys...im sort of in dilema. Im scheduled to graduate as a soc major in the fall of 06. I want to apply to pod school during that same time (to begin attending in the fall of 07). HOwever i still haven't done Organic I and II and am thinking about taking Physic over again cuz i didn't do so well the first time around. Do you think that getting Organic or Physics done in the summer right before I apply would give me a better chance than applying with those classes in progress? Taking the classes in the summer would also push back my graduation date til winter 07. One more question....when schools calculate GPA's, do they average the grades for classes that have been retaken or do they just take the highest grade?
THanks!

Members don't see this ad.

on the pod application you have to put both the grades you received.... and they are both counted.

ucrs said:
hi guys...im sort of in dilema. Im scheduled to graduate as a soc major in the fall of 06. I want to apply to pod school during that same time (to begin attending in the fall of 07). HOwever i still haven't done Organic I and II and am thinking about taking Physic over again cuz i didn't do so well the first time around. Do you think that getting Organic or Physics done in the summer right before I apply would give me a better chance than applying with those classes in progress? Taking the classes in the summer would also push back my graduation date til winter 07. One more question....when schools calculate GPA's, do they average the grades for classes that have been retaken or do they just take the highest grade?
THanks!

for these types of specific admin questions you should really call the schools that you want to go to.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied when the only pre-reqs I had completed were general chemistry I and II, so I was in the middle of the first semester of organic I, physics I, and a general bio class...plus all of the labs. I got in to everywhere that I applied. I think that it does not effect your application, so long as you can explain your situation to them and prove that you are motivated in pursuing podiatric medicine. I also would not take physics again, unless you got below a C. Otherwise, just do well in your other classes and in organic when you take it. Hope this helps some!

ucrs said:
THanks!

thanks for your replies....I emailed NYCPM so I'll be hearing from them soon and I'll post what they tell me about the GPA thing. hopefully this can help other people as well. BTW...runnersfeet, when did you apply?

I applied in late October...so it was definitely early in the admission process, which I know makes things easier as an applicant.

ucrs said:
thanks for your replies....I emailed NYCPM so I'll be hearing from them soon and I'll post what they tell me about the GPA thing. hopefully this can help other people as well. BTW...runnersfeet, when did you apply?