Please share your lifestyle....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emailnumber

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was just wondering on about what kind of a life style podiatrists in residency lead. So all you podiatrists and podiatric surgeons in residency please share your lifestyle with us. Tell us how many hours you work, if you have a family, if you do any social work/volunteering, and of course. if you dont mind. how much you are earning (after taxes). Please feel free to add anything else that you think will be useful to future podiatrists.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I was just wondering on about what kind of a life style podiatrists in residency lead. So all you podiatrists and podiatric surgeons in residency please share your lifestyle with us. Tell us how many hours you work, if you have a family, if you do any social work/volunteering, and of course. if you dont mind. how much you are earning (after taxes). Please feel free to add anything else that you think will be useful to future podiatrists.

It depends on the day and week. As a first year, I am currently on podiatry. Some days, I am here 16 hours. Other days, I am here 8. It depends on in-patient load, surgical schedule, and how many calls you get (ER). Some days are extremely busy. When I am off call, I cover cases and go home. But as a first year, I take a lot of call. Your schedule while on off-rotations varies as well. This is all very program dependent. There are programs out there that will have you done by 3PM daily. It all depends on where you end up.

I have a wife and three kids (5, 3, 4months). A few weeks ago, I worked 85 hours. Last week, I worked 55. Some days, I see my family while other days, I really don't.

After taxes, I take home about $1500 a check.

Members don't see this ad :)
$1500 twice per month = $3000

$3000 x 12 months = $36K

And that is after taxes, pay is listed as a gross income (before taxes) which would probably about:

$2000 X 2 = $4000 X 12 = $48K

And that is after taxes, pay is listed as a gross income (before taxes) which would probably about:

$2000 X 2 = $4000 X 12 = $48K

Yea, but some months we get paid twice and some months we get paid 3 times. It is easier to do 26 X 1500 = 39,000 (we get paid 26 times in 52 weeks). I think my gross is like $44,000.

Yea, but some months we get paid twice and some months we get paid 3 times. It is easier to do 26 X 1500 = 39,000 (we get paid 26 times in 52 weeks). I think my gross is like $44,000.

I bet it just feels nice getting a decent income after 4 years of nothing.:thumbup: