please recommend rheumatology books for fellowship traning

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

silentreader

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to start rheumatology fellowship training next July and would like to get any advice about books and suggestions for training.

rheumatology secrets is 3rd edition which was published in 2014, should we buy one now or wait for new edition?

Any kind of suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thank you very much

Members don't see this ad.

I am going to start rheumatology fellowship training next July and would like to get any advice about books and suggestions for training.

rheumatology secrets is 3rd edition which was published in 2014, should we buy one now or wait for new edition?

Any kind of suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thank you very much

Secrets

Kelly

Pearls and Myths

Members don't see this ad :)
Agreed with the above. Would like to add Radiology in Black and White - great pictures for learning rads.

I also felt like there weren't enough non-book resources when I was prepping for fellowship last year, so here's a few other options.

1. I read through Rheum Secrets and I made some flashcards if y'all want to check them out. Not sure how helpful it actually wound up being. They're here: Rheum Secrets Fellowship Prep | Quizlet

2. I also started a podcast. I hope it'll be a good to take a deep dive into the actual studies - episodes are short and I'll be releasing one per week, five are up so far. iTunes: The Evidence Based Rheumatology Podcast by Michael Putman on Apple Podcasts Stitcher: The Evidence Based Rheumatology Podcast

3. Follow some twitter handles! I'm @JBRheum and I think @RheumPearls and @RheumNow are both great among many others.