Position Wanted PLEASE!! Aggressively seeking a PGY-1 or PGY-2 in the northeastern (NY NJ CT PA MD VA) area.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MaimonidesRAMBAM

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Briefly, I am a 2007 graduate of The Sackler School of Medicine, New York State Program. I graduated with honors at the very top of my class with a Step 1 of 237/96, step 2 of 214/87, and step 2 CS-Pass. I completed a PGY-1 year in internal medicine (preliminary) in a NYC area hospital in 2008. I then went on to my matched Anesthesiology residency in Miami. I completed that year in Florida in 2009 but never renewed my contract for the following year for personal reasons. It was crucial for me to move back home to Brooklyn NY, where I thought I wouldhave no problem in finding a residency year back home. Till this day I have yet to do so, even after using ERAS and it is really killing me. I will not give up; I cannot. I cannot throw all of these years of hard work and sweat away and give up. I am applying via ERAS 2015 but have yet to receive an interview.

And to all of those program directors who wouldn't want their son/daughter to give up given this predicament, they would understand why I am on this forummaking a plea to anyone who will listen and give me an opportunity of aninterview.

This is not the way things "were supposed to go." Can anyone help me?

Respectfully,
Daniel

Members don't see this ad.

Briefly, I am a 2007 graduate of The Sackler School of Medicine, New York State Program. I graduated with honors at the very top of my class with a Step 1 of 237/96, step 2 of 214/87, and step 2 CS-Pass. I completed a PGY-1 year in internal medicine (preliminary) in a NYC area hospital in 2008. I then went on to my matched Anesthesiology residency in Miami. I completed that year in Florida in 2009 but never renewed my contract for the following year for personal reasons. It was crucial for me to move back home to Brooklyn NY, where I thought I wouldhave no problem in finding a residency year back home. Till this day I have yet to do so, even after using ERAS and it is really killing me. I will not give up; I cannot. I cannot throw all of these years of hard work and sweat away and give up. I am applying via ERAS 2015 but have yet to receive an interview.

And to all of those program directors who wouldn't want their son/daughter to give up given this predicament, they would understand why I am on this forummaking a plea to anyone who will listen and give me an opportunity of aninterview.

This is not the way things "were supposed to go." Can anyone help me?

Respectfully,
Daniel

You will have a hard time finding a program, especially if you are limiting yourself to certain states. You are an IMG, a graduate many years ago (over 5), have some low step scores, and you left a program under unknown circumstances. You need to make personal connections to programs to have someone willing to give you a chance. You need to open yourself to any program anywhere. You need to make sure you have the support of your anesthesia PD.

What have you done to try and make yourself a better applicant each year? Do you have any sort of job now with a medical area? I see you make posts on here asking to be given a position. You will have to do that work yourself. You are the only one that can.

Reactions: 1 user
Why does Sackler need to include the words New York State Program?