⚠️ PLASTIC SURGERY SUB-I OPPORTUNITY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NorthernCalifornia

Reaction score
Open invitation to US medical students:

(1) To graduating MS4s looking for a month of plastic surgery to hone suturing skills, scrub into reconstruction cases, or simply to avoid being bored toward the end of medical school; AND

(2) To rising MS4s who may be fortunate enough to be starting Plastic Surgery Sub-Is early, i.e., late Spring:

The UC Davis Division of Plastic Surgery is seeking Sub-Is to help cover our service starting for the 2019-2020 academic year. We recently adjourned interviews for the 2019 Integrated Match and can say that a month spent with us is a month well-invested, whether or not you end up at our institution for residency training.

Opportunities will exist to help our residents take call, work up hand and facial trauma consults (including bedside suture repairs and fracture reductions), as well as to function as a plastic surgery resident, scrub complex wound and breast reconstruction, and participate in all intra- and extra-mural Division activities, including Tuesday Grand Rounds and M&M, a monthly Journal Club, and Thursday Education Conference. Past Sub-Is have all agreed that the "hands-on" component makes the Acting Intern month more like a month of actual plastic surgery residency training!

We adhere to all ACGME and RRC regulations, including compliance with duty hours and clinical expectations for residents and medical students alike.

Please PM me with your interest and I can direct you to our Program Coordinator, Marissa Valentin-Clark as well as our Program Director, Dr. Michael Wong, to help make arrangements for a Sub-I month. You may also DM us on Instagram @ucdavisplasticsurgery

Sincerely,

The UC Davis Plastic Surgery Residents ☺️

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users