Phys tips

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Telekinesis

Gig 'Em
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I take phys 1/2 as part of my post bacc and I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips that can net me an A in the course. Thanks and gig 'em.

Members don't see this ad.

I found that doing as many practice problems as possible helped me. Not just the simple A,B,C,D question and answers that can be found in a physics book, but problems that require you to draw out the problem to visualize it first and then work through it. That was just what worked for me though!

Members don't see this ad :)
Khan Academy has a lot of good videos. Basically physics comes down to understanding the background of the equations and knowing when to apply them in a vast majority of situations. The math isn't very tricky, its mostly plug and chug.

^ As said above, Khan academy. Also, draw diagrams for all of the problems you are trying to work through. My best advice is to be VERY comfortable with manipulating equations, it will make your life SO much easier for constant acceleration problems (which I have seen in every chapter so far...)
Good luck!