Other OT-Related Information phd to do or not to do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

anon2508

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
so I've wanted to teach at the academic level for quite some time and truly enjoy research and lifelong learning my interests are in psych and ot in fact my undergrad is in psych and rehabilitation sciences with my masters in ot I've already had some research published and have been accepted into a PhD program for OT my concern about going back to school is being stuck with student loans and the public loan forgiveness program (which I currently qualify for under for 106k in loans already) being pulled out...i guess im.looking for validation that 1)working full time and going to school again along with the lost wages due to time constraints from school is a worthy investment and 2) financially it isn't a terrible move I don't want to be stuck paying for a house worth of student loans at 40 and 3)it is generally worth it and I should (or shouldnt) return to school also just as an add on I do presently have a boss who asked me the other day when I would begin my program and asked what she could do to help support me so the support is there

Members don't see this ad.