Pharmacy Boards: Naplex

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tryinghard

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone..i just wanted to get a discussion going about the Naplex., and also teh california board exam, and florida board exam.

Any thoughts, any knowledge about these important exams to become liscenced pharmacists??

I heard the california boards are very hard, there is a very low passing rate?

What about retaking the naplex, and california boards, and florida boards? are they allowed? Do jobs care about retaking?
or is it the deal-if you fail, then your done finding a job in cali, florida.

Does anyone know the requiremetns to take teh Naplex, caliboards, florida boards?

is there a specific amount of work time you need-or does finsihing your 3rd and 4th years during rotations cover thsi work time requirements?

Anything else to knwo about?

After gaining a liscence--do you have have to take another test ever couple of years to renew your liscenc?

Members don't see this ad.

as far as i know, you need a pharm.d degree and 1500 hrs of internship before you take the CA board. i dunno about other states.

CA pharm schools usually have 70's% passing rate. i dunno if it's high enough.

if you fail the exam, u can always retake it. i don't think employers care about how many times you take it. they just wanna see your license.

in some states, once you get a license, you're good for life.
i think in CA you need to take CE courses and probably renewal exam from time to time. i'm not sure though.