Pharmacist Job Offers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rphola123

Houston opportunities
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone recently hired for a chain mind posting what salary was and region? Hearing that some chains are now hiring PICs at $50/hr

Members don't see this ad.

That's been the going rate the past year.

58$ was the 2020 rate for wags in my area. I’ve heard 52 for 2021 and 47 for 2021. If that’s true, it effectively paints a target on many new grads backs, myself included.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Enjoy the decline

Reactions: 1 users
58$ was the 2020 rate for wags in my area. I’ve heard 52 for 2021 and 47 for 2021. If that’s true, it effectively paints a target on many new grads backs, myself included.

Confused by the years! Do you mean graduating class? What are the two 2021s? Which geographic area?

Confused by the years! Do you mean graduating class? What are the two 2021s? Which geographic area?

yes sorry I meant graduating years. I should have proofread. 47$ was for the graduating class of 2022. I’m in the Midwest. Large metro city.

yes sorry I meant graduating years. I should have proofread. 47$ was for the graduating class of 2022. I’m in the Midwest. Large metro city.

So p2s are getting offers because they will graduate in 2022? You must mean 47 for graduating class of 2020, right?

That is bad☹

Yeah, and with the chains, any raise you might get makes the target even BIGGER and BRIGHTER. And when your rate crosses that magic threshold number all of a sudden you'll be fired (or pressured to quit) for some bogus reason and replaced with some clueless snowflake. Welcome to the world of pharmacy!

I should have said "clueless starving snowflake with 300k debt who will work cheap".....

So p2s are getting offers because they will graduate in 2022? You must mean 47 for graduating class of 2020, right?

That is bad☹

No what I’m saying is that this is what the company is saying they will offer graduating students when offer time rolls around.
Graduating class of 2020=58
Graduating class of 2021=52
Graduating class of 2022=47

The class of 2020 is the only class that has received offers so far because they are P4s and have completed interviews.

If you feel like you get targeted just go on medical LOA to freeze any action

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
No what I’m saying is that this is what the company is saying they will offer graduating students when offer time rolls around.
Graduating class of 2020=58
Graduating class of 2021=52
Graduating class of 2022=47

The class of 2020 is the only class that has received offers so far because they are P4s and have completed interviews.

This must be for west coast/Cali?

Members don't see this ad :)
No raises for all pharmacists at my company this year lol. Non-traditional setting. Cited reason: too many pharmacists in the job market. Don't be thinking that the grass is greener if you somehow escape retail because HR does their research...

Reactions: 2 users
Imagine making 50/hr @ 32hrs/week in the Central Valley of California. You might as well move anywhere else (if you can find a job)

Living in relative civilization like Bakersfield or Fresno might not be that bad but what about Porterville, Ridgecrest, Visalia, Dinuba, etc. (Never heard of those names?)

well it is, according to this bull**** offer I’m looking at
Looking at your previous posts you seem genuine, but would you mind covering the name or any identifiers and putting a picture of the offer please? It is so hard to believe but if it is true, it is very telling of what's coming

Looking at your previous posts you seem genuine, but would you mind covering the name or any identifiers and putting a picture of the offer please? It is so hard to believe but if it is true, it is very telling of what's coming

Sure thing! Can I message you?

for staff!
I can't believe this!!! Please tell me you are Joking..38/ hour?? even if that pharmacist gets 40 hours a week, still it will be about 80k per year. Some fast food restaurant managers make more than that. I know this was coming. But in 2020??

I can't believe this!!! Please tell me you are Joking..38/ hour?? even if that pharmacist gets 40 hours a week, still it will be about 80k per year. Some fast food restaurant managers make more than that. I know this was coming. But in 2020??
I have friends working for $25/hr at indies in NY. They get paid out in cash though.

How will you pay the bills?

Short-term disability
Any paid time off still available (I have 200+ hrs of inaccessible time that would be accessible if I went on LOA)

Short-term disability
Any paid time off still available (I have 200+ hrs of inaccessible time that would be accessible if I went on LOA)

200 hours is only 5 weeks of pay though.

Anyone else thinking about working at Taco Bell now that they are paying managers 100k? Let's be honest being a retail pharmacy manager would be the perfect experience for this job.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Anyone else thinking about working at Taco Bell now that they are paying managers 100k? Let's be honest being a retail pharmacy manager would be the perfect experience for this job.

Dang I will seriously do that if I get laid off from pharmacy. In-N-Out managers make $150k. No liability, sounds like a great deal. I know many pharmacists feel they're above fast food which means more opportunity for me.

I been saying this for a while now. See our skills transfer over just fine in many areas.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Dang I will seriously do that if I get laid off from pharmacy. In-N-Out managers make $150k. No liability, sounds like a great deal. I know many pharmacists feel they're above fast food which means more opportunity for me.
If you were a pharmacy manager, you might be able to swing it, otherwise, why would they hire a pharmacist with no real management experience and no knowledge of food industry instead of someone who has experience managing another restaurant? Something tells me most restaurant managers (be it fast food or sit-down) don't make six figures and would jump ship in a heartbeat.

Anybody here a pharmacist for retail chain? Techs and interns as well?

Anybody here a pharmacist for retail chain? Techs and interns as well?

Nope, nobody here is a pharmacist for a retail chain. We all have unicorn jobs.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
well it is, according to this bull**** offer I’m looking at

Can i see this "proof" as well? It's believable if it was an independent pharmacy but at a CVS, that's hard to imagine it would come that low this quickly. Maybe it was for grad-intern position until final licensure?

I’m not sure what is so hard to imagine. Y’all know the market as it is now. Are you sure about that? You really want to be disappointed

I’m not sure what is so hard to imagine. Y’all know the market as it is now. Are you sure about that? You really want to be disappointed

Yeah it is hard to imagine when the wage drops by ~$20 within a year by a big chain like that... I expected it to be a slow decline but that is too drastic considering starting CVS new grad rates were going at ~$50 in southeast region for 2019

Duavo - just imagine I post hey i got an offer of 32$ with a chain. Of course if it seems unreal people are going to question. Your data point is also way off than what everybody else has listed for chains and hence they are asking for proof.

If this was ur first post I would have dismissed you as a troll, but given you have a legit post history I am curious if ur number is actually true when you are the only one making such a claim.

It should not take this long to post a pic of part of your offer letter without identifiers or at least PMs to a couple of folks who can verify.

I’m embarrassed to post you guys, I hope you do understand that

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users
Can you please tell me why it seems so unreal?
Is this a bad offer?

I have a sample size of only n=3 but from this sample, they were all new grads for 2019 who got offered >$50 for full-time and part-time floater positions for the same company CVS. That is why it seems so unreal. Can you share evidence or what?

I just need to know what the big deal is about 38? Is that just too low or something? Is that a bad offer? I am about to post a whole new thread about this for I am seeking advice

In what area? The west coast? Of course expect higher salary because the cost of living is higher unless that is too low? I’m not sure what is too low?