PGY-3 Family?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

DavidB

If someone could please post any available PGY-3 spots in Family for July 2008, I'd be most appreciative. I think there's one on ResidentSwap, but I can't afford the service and need to switch programs. Thanx!:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

If someone could please post any available PGY-3 spots in Family for July 2008, I'd be most appreciative. I think there's one on ResidentSwap, but I can't afford the service and need to switch programs. Thanx!:scared:

Just know that you would need the Kentucky Board to approve a switch to a third year. Normally they want the last two years to be from one institution prior to graduation. Having said that, if your program is closing, or you can prove hardship or family circumstances, as a reason for the switch, then they might grant you the change.

Thanks for the reply. Does this mean there a PGY-3 opening in KY somewhere? Any help is greatly appreciated! :thumbup: DB

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the reply. Does this mean there a PGY-3 opening in KY somewhere? Any help is greatly appreciated! :thumbup: DB

Not sure what you mean. All I meant was that the American Board of Family Medicine located in Kentucky is the final arbiter of these kind of situations.

Good luck!

Nu

Not sure what you mean. All I meant was that the American Board of Family Medicine located in Kentucky is the final arbiter of these kind of situations.

Good luck!

Nu

I was told on more than one occasion by reputable types that you can't transfer in PGY-3. You have to come in PGY-2. I suppose you can appeal, like the previous posts say, but I wouldn't think that process would conclude in time for a July start. You'd need a pretty solid reason, too.