Personal Statements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Adawaal

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
New to the forum and loving all the great discussions.

Apologies if you've been over this before, but I checked all the threads in this forum and didn't see anything....

Wondering whether anyone would care to comment on what types of things went into their personal statements for RadOnc. Every time I start on mine I find myself tending to reiterate what's in my CV, and that's no good.

Ideas, anyone? :confused:

Adawaal

Members don't see this ad.

I honestly have no idea what i wrote. I think Ill see if I can pull it from my chart.
steph

Mine wasn't too far off from reiterating my CV. I described how my experiences influenced my decision to go into oncology. We had this speaker come and tell us that you should write this super-creative essay for the personal statement with a dramatic opening sentence. I wasn't so sure about that. Unless you have a great (and relevant) story to tell, I think that that describing how the experiences you have had brought you to where you are now, with personal reflections, isn't a bad idea. It certainly isn't going to get you screened out and I doubt that very many people get interviews based on their personal statement, anyway.