personal statement for pedo programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neptune

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys, do you have any idea what they are looking for in a personal statement.
Are there any do's :thumbup: and don'ts :thumbdown:
For those of you who have already written one, I would really appreciate it if u could give me some feedbacks.
Thanks in advance. Hope you all had a wonderful break :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

They want the same thing they want when you interview. To be yourself. That includes being able to write your own personal statement without the help of an internet forum. That's the whole point of it. There is no right or wrong, there is no specific 'essay' they want to read. Sorry for being harsh but it shocks me that intelligent people at this stage of their educational journey cannot think for themselves.

Also, if you are thinking about the essay you won't need to submit for another 7 months, relax and enjoy the holidays a bit more.

DcS said:
They want the same thing they want when you interview. To be yourself. That includes being able to write your own personal statement without the help of an internet forum. That's the whole point of it. There is no right or wrong, there is no specific 'essay' they want to read. Sorry for being harsh but it shocks me that intelligent people at this stage of their educational journey cannot think for themselves.

Also, if you are thinking about the essay you won't need to submit for another 7 months, relax and enjoy the holidays a bit more.
Programs love it when you write in iambic pentameter. I made the mistake of writing in hikus :( :(

Members don't see this ad :)
neptune said:
Guys, do you have any idea what they are looking for in a personal statement.
Are there any do's :thumbup: and don'ts :thumbdown:
For those of you who have already written one, I would really appreciate it if u could give me some feedbacks.
Thanks in advance. Hope you all had a wonderful break :luck:

You could look back at the personal statement you used for your D-school application for some inspiration and modify it to express the 'new you,' your achievements and how you've grown, what you've learnt and what you hope to achieve next. I don't think it's cute that you should need a forum to help you see what a wonderful person you are. I undestand you may be nervous, but look, you've made it to this point. I'm sure you will come up with something great! :thumbup: Relax and enjoy the holidays. Goodluck.

:laugh: TiggerJSA! Your avatar is sooooooooo wrong. Disturbing on so many levels! :laugh:

Okay, okay, I'll help this person out.

As for any personal statement for a pediatric position, I would make sure to include the following key words:

attraction, life-long, never proven guilty, the catholic priesthood, brown van with tinted windows, fondle, extensive videotape collection, our little secret, and desire to be around children all day.

Best of luck.

duh? said:
:laugh: TiggerJSA! Your avatar is sooooooooo wrong. Disturbing on so many levels! :laugh:
Wasn't I a cute little toddler?? :D :D My mom always said I was precocious... :p

Wow...you all are some professionals. I am not asking you all to write me a personal statement. It "shocks me that intelligent people at this stage of their educational journey" would really think that way. I am smart enough to write one. Your insulting and harsh comments say a lot about you. I feel nothing but sympathy for people like you. I think you are missing the whole purpose of this forum. I don't believe in making personal attacks, but DCS, please do not associate the word "fondle" with pediatric dentistry. It is just SICKENING.

A very happy new year to all of you wonderful people :luck: .

neptune said:
Wow...you all are some professionals. I am not asking you all to write me a personal statement. It "shocks me that intelligent people at this stage of their educational journey" would really think that way. I am smart enough to write one. Your insulting and harsh comments say a lot about you. I feel nothing but sympathy for people like you. I think you are missing the whole purpose of this forum. I don't believe in making personal attacks, but DCS, please do not associate the word "fondle" with pediatric dentistry. It is just SICKENING.

A very happy new year to all of you wonderful people :luck: .

Lighten up, it was meant in jest. Sheesh...tough crowd! Sent you a PM.

ItsGavinC said:
I laughed. :)

Which reminds me, when do the MATCH and PASS programs open their applications for the new cycle?

For 2007 cycle:

ADEA PASS will be online towards the end of May 2006

Match Applicant Agreement & Registration will be available online to download sometime in April 2006

Gavin, what are you applying to? Have you made up your mind?