Peds Critical Care Fellowships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

explore10

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I'm an M4 getting ready to apply to Peds programs this fall. I want to go into Critical Care after general peds so I was interested in hearing which institutions have a reputation of having particularly stong Peds Critical Care fellowships (like "top 5-10"). If there are previous links or other websites, please let me know as I was unable to find any with this info. I'm interested in staying at the same place for my entire training (residency+fellowship) so it would be good to know already at this point to guide my residency application. thanks and good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

How about the JHU combined pediatric anesthesiology critical care fellowship? It's FIVE years of post-residency training.

I think the anesthesiology training makes one an unusually strong pediatrician. The folks I know from the program are the strongest pediatric intensivists I have ever met, or heard about. At least, they're the most overqualified! At the end of it it all, you can practice as a pediatrician, pediatric intensivist, anesthesiologist, pediatric anesthesiologist, or any combination of the above.

Linky

Generally it's not a good idea to do your residency and fellowship at the same place. It's best to see how other institutions practice. You need to learn different philosophies besides the one done at your residency institution and medical school.

Thank you for both replies! The program at Hopkins sounds very interesting.
I appreciate that it's useful to see two different places during training and I might still do that. However, I'm interested in the pathways available for MD/PhD students and if doing such a program it seems to make most sense to stay at the same place. I'm still interested in hearing about more programs if anyone knows about any they would recommend! Thanks!