PCAT writing structure help!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meomeo123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, can some one show me in details the writing structure please. even though i have searched others' posts about pcat writing, I am still confused . Should an essay contain an introduction, 3 paragraphs of solution, and a conclusion. Should I include an counteract in 1 of solutions.

I saw someone wrote" In at least ONE of solution, bring up a commonly-stated alternative idea & explain how it's a bad idea, how your idea is better. Say it as if it is just obvious." I dont understand this idea. Does this mean i have to give 4 total solution thanks so much for the responses.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone, can some one show me in details the writing structure please. even though i have searched others' posts about pcat writing, I am still confused . Should an essay contain an introduction, 3 paragraphs of solution, and a conclusion. Should I include an counteract in 1 of solutions.

I saw someone wrote" In at least ONE of solution, bring up a commonly-stated alternative idea & explain how it's a bad idea, how your idea is better. Say it as if it is just obvious." I dont understand this idea. Does this mean i have to give 4 total solution thanks so much for the responses.

I am probably not the best person to answer this. I only got a 3 on the essay. You should post this in the PCAT forum to get better answer. The structure of my essay was basically intro,2 body paragraphs and conclusion. Intro is where I bring in my thesis and background information. I used the body for support, evidences, solution, alternative solution, then I tie everything back together in the conclusion.

no i dont think you would need 4 solution, that seems a bit much. anticipating opposition is a strong tool to use and doing that while promoting your own idea could be done in one paragraph

Members don't see this ad :)
I wrote a five-paragraph essay as my high school English teacher taught me. One introductory paragraph with a three-prong concluding sentence, three supporting paragraphs (one for each "prong"), and a concluding paragraph. This was enough to get a 3. I didn't counter my arguments specifically.

I have always felt a five-paragraph essay of the format I was taught was sufficient, but not imaginative or stand out. Probably why I got a 3, although the rubric didn't match the grading.

I winged it with one medium paragraph and I got a 3.0...:laugh:

Seriously, I wrote like a 10 years old...but don't be like me, writing properly is the right thing to do.

Last edited: