PCAT study guides

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Vandykitten

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! The October 2004 PCAT is approaching soon...I was wondering what would your best advice be to preparing for the test? I have been studying sporadically for the past few months but how can I make the best use of my time now that it is less than a week away? Would you recommend any specific study guide? I found Kaplan to be a little too hard compared to the real test and Barron's to be a little too easy.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :) Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I would try to focus on your weak areas... Are you good at math? I consider myself to be "good" at math, but I wasn't quick enough when it came time to doing the problems. I highly recommend doing lots of math practice problems because I think thats an area that can be easily improved. Also, I got one of those vocabular booster type books and found that it helped. Of course, it also can't hurt if you review some of the basic anatomy, genetics and things like that.

Good luck with the test!

Members don't see this ad :)
pharmagirl said:
I would try to focus on your weak areas... Are you good at math? I consider myself to be "good" at math, but I wasn't quick enough when it came time to doing the problems. I highly recommend doing lots of math practice problems because I think thats an area that can be easily improved. Also, I got one of those vocabular booster type books and found that it helped. Of course, it also can't hurt if you review some of the basic anatomy, genetics and things like that.

Good luck with the test!

Thank you very much! I have been doing a lot of PCAT professor review and I think I'm going to take a few practice tests including the one offered online. I hope the new parts aren't too rough!

VandyKitten,

"I hope the new parts aren't too rough!" Are there new parts in the PCAT? what are they? I'm going to take the PCAT this Sat. and I've been studying the Baron's review. After reading your thread, I feel like I didn't prepare enough :( :(

Hi!
Vandykitten,

I am planning to take PCAT next year. Could you give me some info on "PCAT professor Review"? It is on-line or the book?

npp71681 said:
Hi!
Vandykitten,

I am planning to take PCAT next year. Could you give me some info on "PCAT professor Review"? It is on-line or the book?

The website is www.pcatprofessor.com, and if you search the pre-pharmacy forum using "PCAT Professor" as your keywords, then you'll find several posts containing opinions of the PCAT Professor. :thumbup:

orchidd said:
VandyKitten,

"I hope the new parts aren't too rough!" Are there new parts in the PCAT? what are they? I'm going to take the PCAT this Sat. and I've been studying the Baron's review. After reading your thread, I feel like I didn't prepare enough :( :(

Hi there! The new parts are as follows:

*An essay (they didn't say much about this in the PCAT candidate manual! Just that there was going to be an essay!)

*Precalculus and Calculus

*More organic chemistry

A word of warning about the Barron's review: They say that you have 60 minutes for Chemistry when you actually only have 30 minutes!!!! So make sure you are familiar with the chemistry and can do the problems quickly!!!

I'm taking the PCAT this weekend too~!

npp71681 said:
Hi!
Vandykitten,

Hi :) PCAT Professor is online...you can basically take a bunch of practice tests online as well as do many practice problems. There are also comprehensive sections for each topic. I definitely recommend it...though I wish they had more questions!!! (they randomly draw from a bank which seems quite small :( )