PCAT Structure

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Johnny543

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm taking the PCAT for the first time July 22. I have a bunch of questions that I hope you guys can answer.

1. Do you bring your own pencil on the exam day?

2. After each section is over and I still have time remaining, will there be a way to tell if I miss any questions?

3. Do the program automatically save and close when time runs out on each section?

4. After each section is over, how hard is it to navigate back to previous questions?

5. How many sheets of paper will I be getting?

6. After the break, if I don't make it back on time, will the exam be voided?

7. Can you bookmark questions to review later on?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! Im taking my pcats on july 21st for the first time so i have a few answers, but not all

1. It's on the computer, so no pencil.

2. I believe you can mark which ones you skipped/didn't answer.

3. I'm pretty sure it kicks you to the next section once the time runs out. For example, if you're on #46 on the bio section and the time runs out, it *should* kick you to the chem section.

4. Not sure. Hopefully they let us mark which ones we skipped.

5. None. You get a dry erase board and marker and eraser.

6. Not sure.

7. As i stated earlier, you should be able to mark the questions you skipped earlier.

Tip: if it doesn't let you mark the question, just write the number on the dry erase board they give you and keep it there so you know to go back to it.

Hope this helps, and good luck!!

i am taking it for the first time on the same date but i am pretty positive i read that you can not go back to sections after the time is up

If you're late coming back from the break, the test automatically moves on to the next section. You will not be able to make up the extra time that you took so its important that you make it back within 15 minutes. From what I can understand, you can leave at any point during the test if you want to, you'll just be sacrificing your time. They definitely won't void your test though, I'm pretty sure they would only do that if they caught you trying to access any prohibited materials (cell phone, calculator, notes, etc.). They should explain all of it to you when you're checking in.