PCAT Professor and PCAT Secrets

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
s13 said:
Has anybody used either of these two sites and thought that it has helped them? http://www.pcat-test.com/ or http://www.pcatprofessor.com/

Please respond!

If you look at the "new PCAT scoring system" thread that is on this same page, you'll see that I posted a link to the PCAT Professor. Also, if you search the forum using "PCAT" as your keyword, you'll find that link posted more than once. :thumbup:

DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO NOTTTTTT X inifinity get pcat secret! it is waste of your money. I found pcat professor helpful. we really should sue those pcat secret people.

do you think somebody would be able to get the same thing out of a Kaplan book as compared to the PCAT Professor?

Members don't see this ad :)
PCAT secrets was a complete waste of money. To this day I wish I would have reported them to the better buisness bureau. The Kaplan book is great. It has alot of details but I prefer to be overly prepared. I used Kaplan's MCAT books just for the material. Barron's was usefull just for practice questions. The same goes for Perterson. Those books got me a 95 percentile and I'm sitting in Pharmacy school now.

I currently use PCAT professor and it is really helpful! They have topics you can review on the site and although I wish they had a bigger bank of questions to draw from, it is regardless, nice preparation. I was wondering if they actually updated Kaplan and PCAT Professor to incorporate the "new" PCAT testing system!

Vandykitten said:
I currently use PCAT professor and it is really helpful! They have topics you can review on the site and although I wish they had a bigger bank of questions to draw from, it is regardless, nice preparation. I was wondering if they actually updated Kaplan and PCAT Professor to incorporate the "new" PCAT testing system!

I don't know about Kaplan, but this is from the front page of the PCATProfessor's website:

MOST UP-TO-DATE PCAT STUDY GUIDE

THE PCAT EXAM HAS CHANGED.
THE PCAT PROFESOR IS THE ONLY ONLINE PCAT STUDY GUIDE WITH THE UPDATED PCAT CHANGES AS WELL AS UPDATED FULL LEARNING RESOURCES.
There has been dramatic changes to the PCAT exam. Unlike the PCAT Professor, few study guides on the market have been able to keep up with these changes.
STUDY THE CORRECT MATERIAL!

groo1515 said:
PCAT secrets was a complete waste of money. To this day I wish I would have reported them to the better buisness bureau. The Kaplan book is great. It has alot of details but I prefer to be overly prepared. I used Kaplan's MCAT books just for the material. Barron's was usefull just for practice questions. The same goes for Perterson. Those books got me a 95 percentile and I'm sitting in Pharmacy school now.

I don't know about you, but the Kaplan book made me want to bash my head into the wall because of all the mistakes I found. Seriously, you would think they would spellcheck the book before they printed it.

vafcarrot said:
I don't know about you, but the Kaplan book made me want to bash my head into the wall because of all the mistakes I found. Seriously, you would think they would spellcheck the book before they printed it.
:laugh: I thought I was the only one. Seriously at one point in the bio section I was finding 2 typos per page.

One other thing that irked me was their review questions. Sometimes the answers didn't answer the question or they threw in extra questions they didn't answer. :thumbdown:

ChiSnowman said:
:laugh: I thought I was the only one. Seriously at one point in the bio section I was finding 2 typos per page.

One other thing that irked me was their review questions. Sometimes the answers didn't answer the question or they threw in extra questions they didn't answer. :thumbdown:

OH MAN...totally agree with you. The typos in this book were too numerous! The material however, was presented fairly well. :)

Just a few questions regarding the PCAT new format. Anyone who has been using the PCAT professor, can you please tell me what kind of topics should I know in regards to Calculus, Statistics, Organic Chem, and anything else new, or now in more detail, to the test? Thanks so much and good luck on Saturday! I'm taking the PCAT on Saturday too. I'm a little worried because I haven't had much time to study so I guess I just have to try my best.