Pcat material question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Superflyjsc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Im planning to take the jan pcats soon and I had a quick question. I was doing some review for the pcats and it appears there is alot of questions on human anatomy and physiology. Problem: Thus far, I have only completed the following course, calculus, gen chem 1,2, physics 1, Bio 1 and orgo 1. I havent done physiology or human anatomy yet. Am i in big trouble? Cuase in the practice books there is ALOT of questions dealing with human anatomy and physiology in the biology section of the test and im beginning to worry.

Members don't see this ad.

I hadn't taken A&P before the PCAT, but still did very well. There were a few (5-8) A&P questions when I took the test in 2001. Interestingly, many of them had been in the Kaplan study guide one of my friends asked me to question him from at work the week before.

Superflyjsc said:
Hi,
Im planning to take the jan pcats soon and I had a quick question. I was doing some review for the pcats and it appears there is alot of questions on human anatomy and physiology. Problem: Thus far, I have only completed the following course, calculus, gen chem 1,2, physics 1, Bio 1 and orgo 1. I havent done physiology or human anatomy yet. Am i in big trouble? Cuase in the practice books there is ALOT of questions dealing with human anatomy and physiology in the biology section of the test and im beginning to worry.

Oy! You'll be fine. Lots of the A/P questions I felt could be reasoned thru. You might come across one or two esoteric ?s but I think you'll be fine. I had less than what you've got done when I took the PCAT and I scored in the 94th %tile. Don't let the practice books psych you out! The tests in Barron's are good to review with. I felt the ones in Kaplans were much harder than what was actually on the test. Hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
b*rizzle said:
Don't let the practice books psych you out! I felt the ones in Kaplans were much harder than what was actually on the test.

Thank God! The Kaplans book is making me nervous.
The Petersons 2004 book is plain WRONG in a bunch of places. I've located about a dozen mistakes thus far. The math section is there feels like about 3rd grade level.

Oi. I guess the actually PCAT will bridge the gap between Petersons and Kaplans.

Chris

freshbeatschris said:
Thank God! The Kaplans book is making me nervous.
The Petersons 2004 book is plain WRONG in a bunch of places. I've located about a dozen mistakes thus far. The math section is there feels like about 3rd grade level.

Oi. I guess the actually PCAT will bridge the gap between Petersons and Kaplans.

Chris

Def. Don't get me wrong, Kaplan's is a fabulous review if you haven't seen the material in a while, but I felt that the Barron's book was more indicative of the actual exam! I thought the stuff in Kaplan's was way too hard, especially the bio section. I had a friend who bought the Peterson's 2004 book and took it back a week later! :p

1 Biology

You need to know

- Circulation sysstem
-Excretory system
-Integrument system ( skin ) not much this section
- Osmosis --u need to read over this
- nervous system
- You need to know all the hormones & enzymes
- B-cell, T-cell <--- you need to read over it
- Antibodies, antigen

There are a few more, maybe someone will list it out for you

2. Chemistry

Don't go with KAPLAN, you need to practice Barron's and Shaum outline to beginning chemistry. You will see exactly same question on the actual exam.

3. MATh

you just have to pratice SAT'S math, you'll be fine
Also, you need to know LIMITS, DRIVITIVE.

4. REading and Verb

It depends on how good is your reading. It depends on how good is your vocab.

Bye bye