PCAT July 2018 Essay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmily0204

Reaction score
Hi guys, is there anyone out there who wrote the PCAT in July that can give me some advice on how to study for the essay? I wrote it once, but I did terrible. My problem was coming up with solutions on the spot

Members don't see this ad.

Imagination is key, most solutions would need government assistance so think of ways the government can help in situations by passing laws and regulations. you can make up anything as long as you can explain why it would help the situation

Great thank you! So is it better to come up with 2-3 solutions that are more general so you can apply it to most questions? Like for example government assistance, fundraising or education. Or are those too general?

Great thank you! So is it better to come up with 2-3 solutions that are more general so you can apply it to most questions? Like for example government assistance, fundraising or education. Or are those too general?

Hey there! Best of luck on your PCAT. Also, when I did the essay portion I tried to stick to this structure:

1. Intro
2. Argument- Here is where I'd come up with one strong solution
3. Rebuttal to my solution- What would people criticize about my solution?
4. Prove rebuttal wrong- Why is my solution still the best option?
5. Conclusion

Here I think the graders aren't looking for how many solutions you can come up with, rather they are looking can you come up with a solid argument and support it strongly.