pcat essay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bostonamd

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I just took the PCAT today, and before taking it, I had assumed that the essay portion was experimental and would not be scored. The proctor today said it was scored...does anyone have any info on this? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

bostonamd said:
Hi,
I just took the PCAT today, and before taking it, I had assumed that the essay portion was experimental and would not be scored. The proctor today said it was scored...does anyone have any info on this? Thanks!

My PCAT teacher who I consider a pretty reliable source said it was experimental. He talked to someone on the board of something... I don't remember but I was definitely under the impression that it doesn't count. Maybe it's scored for Harcourt's purposes but doesn't count for or against you. Do the proctors even know? :rolleyes:

ndearwater said:
My PCAT teacher who I consider a pretty reliable source said it was experimental. He talked to someone on the board of something... I don't remember but I was definitely under the impression that it doesn't count. Maybe it's scored for Harcourt's purposes but doesn't count for or against you. Do the proctors even know? :rolleyes:

I doubt the procters have reliable information. I don't even want to tallllk about my procters on this past Sat.

As the majority of you are all now aware, the essay portion of the PCAT is indeed the experimental portion and will not be scored.

illusions said:
I doubt the procters have reliable information. I don't even want to tallllk about my procters on this past Sat.