PBA Class of 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmCase

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone apply or plan on applying to Palm Beach Atlantic for next fall?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
anyone apply or plan on applying to Palm Beach Atlantic for next fall?

Yes, I already applied through Pharmcas, application was mailed out to schools today and I submitted the Supplemental a few days ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I already applied through Pharmcas, application was mailed out to schools today and I submitted the Supplemental a few days ago.

how long did it take for them to mail it. I e-submitted it on friday and it still says "not mailed" under my status.

how long did it take for them to mail it. I e-submitted it on friday and it still says "not mailed" under my status.

I e-submitted 8-8-10, received transcripts 8-10 and was mailed out 8-30

I e-submitted 8-8-10, received transcripts 8-10 and was mailed out 8-30

oh wow so it took a while. I applied early decision and yeah they dont accept test scores after the June 2010 PCAT so you couldn't have applied anyways. did you apply to any other schools?

I am applying to PBA and NOVA. GPA is 3.57 but I don't have my pcat scores yet. I don't think aug scores will be good enough.

I am applying to PBA and NOVA. GPA is 3.57 but I don't have my pcat scores yet. I don't think aug scores will be good enough.

I heard the average student accepted a Palm Beach Atlantic has a 3.2 or 3.3 with PCAT scores around the 60s. Not sure about NOVA but its probably similar.

Last edited:
wow thats def higher than my gpa I have a 3.22 overall and a 3.02 science according to pharmcas and i'm cleared to graduate with a B.S. in Biological Sciences this fall. dont worry about your PCAT, I thought I got like a 40 or a 50 on that and I ended up with an 80 composite. which would you rather go to?

I heard the average student accepted a Palm Beach Atlantic has a 3.2 or 3.3 with PCAT scores around the 60s. Not sure about NOVA but its probably similar.

Probably Nova here at PGA. i think Nova's requirements may be alittle higher.

Probably Nova here at PGA. i think Nova's requirements may be alittle higher.

nice yea if i don't get into PBA my second choice is definitely NOVA at PGA.

I got called for an interview already and it's going to be on Friday. Man, im nervous lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got called for an interview already and it's going to be on Friday. Man, im nervous lol.

That's exciting! You did the early decision right? I wonder when do they do regular interviews?
Good luck and tell us how it went.

That's exciting! You did the early decision right? I wonder when do they do regular interviews?
Good luck and tell us how it went.

Yea thanks. I'll make sure to tell ya how it went once its over. Yea I did early decision. They gave me the option of this friday or the 24th. So I am assuming that those are the only times they plan on interviewing for ED. So regular interviews must start in early October.

The interview went very well. Very relaxed and felt really comfortable being there. There was 16 of us and about 12 were PBA pre-pharmers. So there were about 4 that didnt apply from there and some of those were regular applicants not early decision. So i guess you should be getting a call soon for an interview.

The interview went very well. Very relaxed and felt really comfortable being there. There was 16 of us and about 12 were PBA pre-pharmers. So there were about 4 that didnt apply from there and some of those were regular applicants not early decision. So i guess you should be getting a call soon for an interview.

That's good to hear, what did they ask u in th interview? And how about the chem and math test?

it really wasnt that bad...very simple general questions....the chem and math was very basic....nothing to worry about.

^^^yea I realize that but when your house is 5 minutes away it makes up for it. I guess it just kind of depends on your situation.

Just got accepted today :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:!!! glad that's over and done with. applying so early was the best decision I made. cant wait for next year.

Just got accepted today :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:!!! glad that's over and done with. applying so early was the best decision I made. cant wait for next year.

Wow, congrats on the acceptance! That was really quick!!

I'm still working/stalling on my PBA supplemental and trying to decide if this school is really right for me. Besides the convenience factor, what else was a selling point for you?

JD

congrats!!!!

Did you get a phone call? or a letter in the mail??

I interviewed there a couple of weeks ago and I haven't heard anything :(

Congrats again!!!

Wow, congrats on the acceptance! That was really quick!!

I'm still working/stalling on my PBA supplemental and trying to decide if this school is really right for me. Besides the convenience factor, what else was a selling point for you?

JD

thanks a lot. I just felt it was the right fit because of the environment. It just feels like your at home. Everyone is so nice and caring and the fact that the class only has 75 students makes it a more personalized experience. I'm sick of just being a number. I honestly feel like the faculty really cares about their students.

Last edited:
congrats!!!!

Did you get a phone call? or a letter in the mail??

I interviewed there a couple of weeks ago and I haven't heard anything :(

Congrats again!!!

Thank you. We probably interviewed at the same time then I believe it was Sept 9th right? I was one of the few guys there lol. But yea Carrie called me yesterday and notified me. Best of luck to you! Hopefully you'll get a call soon.

just got accepted today :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:!!! Glad that's over and done with. Applying so early was the best decision i made. Cant wait for next year.

wow man! You made me shed a tear! Lol i go to uf, but you dont know how much i want to go to nova! :)

congrats! Good job:):):)!

Do you mind if i ask you for your stats?

wow man! You made me shed a tear! Lol i go to uf, but you dont know how much i want to go to nova! :)

congrats! Good job:):):)!

Do you mind if i ask you for your stats?

haha thanks lol. I appreciate it.

Last edited:

Congrats, that's awesome... I bet its nice to have it all over with.

Wow Congratulations!!! I was there on Sept 9 too, but I just submitted my PharmCAS. I go to PBA now. How was the interview for you?
Again, Congratulations!!!!

Has anyone got an interview without having all 3 LOR's completed?

Congrats, that's awesome... I bet its nice to have it all over with.
Thanks...yea its definitely a relief.

Wow Congratulations!!! I was there on Sept 9 too, but I just submitted my PharmCAS. I go to PBA now. How was the interview for you?
Again, Congratulations!!!!

Thank you....we probably saw each other that day lol. but yea i guess they wait a little longer for the PBA pre-pharmers to they get all of your stuff. Good Luck!! The interview went great though wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be... how did u do?

Last edited:
Has anyone heard anything about regular admission interviews? I know they had the early decision group interviewed already.

^^^ not sure. i believe they start sometime this month. so has any one else been called for an interview there yet?

yea i actually interviewed on the 24th also, praying that i get in>>>:xf:

has anyone else gotten in? i want to get to know some of my future classmates already lmfao lol.

I received an interview invite to PBA for Nov.

I am declining a seat at Pba. I have been accepted to a different school :)

I applied, sent my PharmCAS app in Nov. 3rd but it appears they still haven't processed it... =/ getting antsy. Went ahead and submitted my supplemental.

I will post if/when I hear anything =D

I applied, sent my PharmCAS app in Nov. 3rd but it appears they still haven't processed it... =/ getting antsy. Went ahead and submitted my supplemental.

I will post if/when I hear anything =D

It took them about 2 months to get back to me.

It took them about 2 months to get back to me.

ohhh noooo =( I have this fear that they are going to run out of seats by the time they get to my application... I've actually had this nightmare twice already. lol

ohhh noooo =( I have this fear that they are going to run out of seats by the time they get to my application... I've actually had this nightmare twice already. lol

dont worry they wont. from what ive heard the past couple years they have gone into May without having the class filled. you will be fine. I know a bunch of people that have gotten in and declined seats. I think i was the only one who accepted the offer lol.

I can kind of understand why people would go elsewhere though... the forced chapel and community service hours are a huge turn-off to me, especially since I'm not christian. because you know, in addition to working a job and really hard courses, i will have so much free time for that. ::sigh:: not to mention the horrible $2k laptop i don't want.

I can kind of understand why people would go elsewhere though... the forced chapel and community service hours are a huge turn-off to me, especially since I'm not christian. because you know, in addition to working a job and really hard courses, i will have so much free time for that. ::sigh:: not to mention the horrible $2k laptop i don't want.

lol i feel ya. the chapel isn't really all that bad tho. its once a week every friday for about one hour in between your classes. so its not like you have to go out of your way to go to it. even if your not christian its nice to sit through those sometimes, kinda relaxes you. they really don't force religion on you. the laptop technically is included in the tuition, the only problem is the high priced tuition. I was between PBA and NOVA, both expensive with PBA being about 5 or 6 k more a year. So i asked my self where do I want to spend the next 4 years of my life. The environment at PBA is what sold me. It just seems like the faculty really cares about their students, something that NOVA def doesn't have imo.