This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Auntymarkovnikov

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Another important question:
Should I wait until after I take the DAT to send in supplemental apps so that way I can assess if my scores are strong enough to secure admission somewhere. I just don't want to blow money on schools that I don't have a chance of getting in. I have paid for all the California schools but am holding off on OOS atm.
Also, let's say I do well on the DAT (20+) and I send my scores immediately (yes, I know it takes ~2 weeks to send), then right after I take the exam I pay the fees.. will this delay the application/interview process even further? As opposed to having the fees paid prior to taking the DAT.
(I take the exam August 8th)

Members don't see this ad.

it takes 2-3 weeks for your scores to be on ADA so it'll be a while before AADSAS can have your official scores. So for the most part it really wouldn't matter when you pay the secondaries and it makes sense that you'd wanna wait.
there are some schools (few albeit) that accept an unofficial copy of DAT (until they receive the officials) to start reviewing applications. I don't remember which schoools but if they happen to be no your list you could pay secondary for them if you really want to.

I don't know what I'd do. I'd probably pay them after jsut to have my mind at east after I see the actual scores. (At the same time I went into DAT knowing that'll be the only time im taking the test...not blowing all that money on it a second time)

Reactions: 1 user
your application isnt looked at until everything is verified. save the money and send them after your dat this way youre not wasting money if you didnt score where you want.

Members don't see this ad :)
it takes 2-3 weeks for your scores to be on ADA so it'll be a while before AADSAS can have your official scores. So for the most part it really wouldn't matter when you pay the secondaries and it makes sense that you'd wanna wait.
there are some schools (few albeit) that accept an unofficial copy of DAT (until they receive the officials) to start reviewing applications. I don't remember which schoools but if they happen to be no your list you could pay secondary for them if you really want to.

I don't know what I'd do. I'd probably pay them after jsut to have my mind at east after I see the actual scores. (At the same time I went into DAT knowing that'll be the only time im taking the test...not blowing all that money on it a second time)
How did you do?

I took DAT a year ago after sophomore year hsha so my scores were uploaded. Selected all schools when I took test

Breakdown in signature below all my posts.
24AA, 25TS, 23 PAT

Interesting. Taking my test tomorrow and was wondering this.

I don't suppose you have a list of schools that will review with the unofficial report. But I guess I could just call each school and ask if I can send them my unofficial score report by email or something (like photocopying my paper). I feel that most schools should be okay with this in general since there is no difference between the official and unofficial reports. It defeats the purpose of getting your scores on test day. I'm guessing some of the more snobby schools like the Ivy would only accept official reports. Ah well. If I do well, I'll be rushing to get my scores in. If not, uh oh.

Interesting. Taking my test tomorrow and was wondering this.

I don't suppose you have a list of schools that will review with the unofficial report. But I guess I could just call each school and ask if I can send them my unofficial score report by email or something (like photocopying my paper). I feel that most schools should be okay with this in general since there is no difference between the official and unofficial reports. It defeats the purpose of getting your scores on test day. I'm guessing some of the more snobby schools like the Ivy would only accept official reports. Ah well. If I do well, I'll be rushing to get my scores in. If not, uh oh.
download the apps "Genius Fax" and "Genius Scan." It's basically faxing from your phone. I think it costs like $1 or $2 per page. I used them to send my authorization signatures to CC's when ordering official transcripts.

download the apps "Genius Fax" and "Genius Scan." It's basically faxing from your phone. I think it costs like $1 or $2 per page. I used them to send my authorization signatures to CC's when ordering official transcripts.
Perfect. Thanks!

@placebooooo I think a bunch of the schools I applied to only accepted official scores. Just check on the website of the schools you applied to about unofficial score reporting. One thing you can absolutely do is input your unofficial scores to AADSAS by hand in the academic history section. Just click that little button at the top right of the main page that says "update my application" when you're done.

@placebooooo I think a bunch of the schools I applied to only accepted official scores. Just check on the website of the schools you applied to about unofficial score reporting. One thing you can absolutely do is input your unofficial scores to AADSAS by hand in the academic history section. Just click that little button at the top right of the main page that says "update my application" when you're done.
Got it. Thanks for the clarification bro.