Pat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

edkahn

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does Kaplan do a good job preparing you for PAT? From what I hear they do a good job preparing you for Bio, G-Chem, and O-Chem; but some of the people on these boards seem to think that topscore does a better job. Any thoughts? What did you guys use to prepare for the PAT?

Members don't see this ad.

Edkahn,

Oh the PAT. I think that the best way to prep for that section is Topscore. I used Kaplan, topscore, and that barrons book. I found that Topscore was most accurate and a lil tougher that kaplan. I think it was also more fair......realistic. The kaplan PAT is too simple, therefore too easy.

Get topscore and you'll feel a lot better..........its a good investment

Kaplan and topscore are good sources for practice. I also bought the barrons book, and even though the science sections has many errors, the explanations and strategies they give for the PAT is really good. I suggest just doing as many practice problems as you can get your hands on. good luck

I also heard that the Barron's book contains many errors in their science sections. How do catch these errosr? How do you know where to find them? I know you have to read a section, then you have a practice test... is the practice exams where you find the errors? or is it that the materials presented in the book contain errors? Thanks for feedback anyone provides!