PAT scores and advice/suggestions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DDSdude

Never Give Up...Never
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I realize I can go through the threads looking for PAT scores but with different questions arising regarding this section and since it is a score that stands on its own (is not averaged in anywhere) I feel it would be beneficial to have a thread for the PAT.

Those who have scored high can help those who are struggling or haven't "got" it yet.

If this thread dies and ends on page two of this forum in a day than I will assume it was a bad idea... :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I scored an 18 on this section
PAT:18
My advice would be to not follow any advice I give on this section (an 18 sucks:( )

Ha, that made me laugh. Not your score your comments. 18 isn't that bad. A 21 is in the 94th percentile. I don't think too many people are scoring really high on that section this year. I have also heard that based on others advice they have seen that the average is much higher this year on all sections except the PAT. On the official print out of the score shows a lower percentile ranking than last year with the exact same score. That is based on what I have seen and heard. Not from the ADA.

I have seen PAT scores on SDN consistently in the 18-19 (w/ 20 being unique) range. The former are nonetheless very nice scores!

Members don't see this ad :)
i think the problem with us people are that after you have been on sdn, you won't like anything less than a 20.

come on guys. seriously, b4 i discovered sdn, i knew that most people will be happy with 18-19 range. i think that its the sdn influence on us that makes us think 18 and 19's aren't good.

i think 18-20 are all very good scores.

I agree. It can be a positive influence or a negative one. After all, your perception of things is reality and if you perceive scores are higher and anything less than a 20 is not very competitive than that is your reality.

All you can do is your best in every area of the application process and continue with your goal of becoming a dentist. Eventually, hopefully sooner than later you will become one. Just don't give up or lose hope!!:D

My advice would be to not follow any advice I give on this section (an 18 sucks )

sorry dude, but i don't think you are right. a score of 18 is above the national avg and is good. i consistantly scored 21-22 on both kaplan and topscore but ended up with 18 on the real test.
i think that the PAT section is much harder this year and except for very few people, most others have all scored anywhere from 15 to 19.