Partial Brain Transplant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMrSmith

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My question is serious. I have more than a bum body (Marfan’s Syndrome, 6 collapsed lungs, other forms of chronic pain) and have not so long to live.

I know how sci-fi it sounds, but I am interested in a partial brain transplant.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whole-body_transplant#Partial_brain_transplant

I know about Dr. Robert White but I have no idea how to contact him or if he is still looking for “test” subjects.

I am looking for leads on any doctor who may be willing to perform such an operation, even experimentally, as I have nothing to lose at this point.

I have searched this site already and found a few posts on the subject, but all the links in the posts were dead and I could not get any conclusive information.

My ultimate objective is to organize a team of qualified individuals, provide them with sufficient funding for both their time and research, and finally perform the operation.

I am a 1-time American national chess champion, classical pianist, artist, small-time actor, prominent game programmer (I was a dev on Heroes of Might and Magic, for one, so if you enjoyed that game remember me :oops:), and soon-to-be author. I would really like a few more years to give back to the world all it has done for me.

I know it is easy to mock a person asking about such a sci-fi operation but I appreciate your serious consideration.

Thank you,
Mr. Smith

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sorry but this forum is not intended for the solicitation or exchange of medical advice. Please contact your physician regarding such inquiries.

He does not know anything about it. I have asked many doctors from many hospitals and gotten nowhere.

So rather than simply shutting the door perhaps you can suggest a better place to ask.

Regards,
Mr. Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.