Ortho-related Radiology research project. Thoughts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted648625

Hello, I am a first year at mid-tier MD school, interested in ortho. I have had trouble finding any research opportunities in ortho that aren't basic sciences (been there, done that, never again), but I recently found an opportunity to work on a sports med imaging project with a musculoskeletal radiologist and I was wondering if you guys think that would be something worth pursuing for the upcoming summer. I am not interested in radiology (at least not to the extent that I am in ortho) so I would be doing it purely for the subject matter. As far as making connections, our faculty are involved in shadowing and everything like that so it is not hard to meet them and spend time in the OR, etc. So I am not looking at research as a way to network necessarily, which I know might be a concern with work in a different specialty. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I am a first year at mid-tier MD school, interested in ortho. I have had trouble finding any research opportunities in ortho that aren't basic sciences (been there, done that, never again), but I recently found an opportunity to work on a sports med imaging project with a musculoskeletal radiologist and I was wondering if you guys think that would be something worth pursuing for the upcoming summer. I am not interested in radiology (at least not to the extent that I am in ortho) so I would be doing it purely for the subject matter. As far as making connections, our faculty are involved in shadowing and everything like that so it is not hard to meet them and spend time in the OR, etc. So I am not looking at research as a way to network necessarily, which I know might be a concern with work in a different specialty. Any thoughts?
What does the research involve exactly?

What does the research involve exactly?

Making a database of MCL injuries seen at the hospital in the past x years, doing a retrospective on it, and figuring out certain imaging features that might help increase sensitivity for the injury on imaging.

Making a database of MCL injuries seen at the hospital in the past x years, doing a retrospective on it, and figuring out certain imaging features that might help increase sensitivity for the injury on imaging.

sounds like a good project.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user